Removing a cherished reg - what replaces it?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Is it possible to specify an NI reg to go on a vehicle when removing a private plate? I think the vehicle was on an English plate but would rather a dateless one be applied when I remove the private one.

Or will it be a case of it reverting to the original plate and I have to go through another process to get an NI plate assigned?

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Thanks @Graham - not ideal :worried:. To get to an NI plate would I just have to buy another “cherished” standard NI one on retention and apply it to the vehicle? Or can you re-register through DVLA after the UK plate goes back on?

Sorry new to all this have never changed a reg before

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Thanks @Graham - not ideal :worried:. To get to an NI plate would I just have to buy another “cherished” standard NI one on retention and apply it to the vehicle? Or can you re-register through DVLA after the UK plate goes back on?

Sorry new to all this have never changed a reg before
No idea how to get a NI reg, it's not something that's ever bothered me tbh

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I’m pretty sure you can contact DVLA and have an NI plate assigned. I’m not entirely sure on how it’s done though.

I do know @StuartS done it on one of his previous cars.

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Not essential to get an NI reg but it’s going on a bus and surprisingly it’s better to have a dateless as some people get funny when it’s more than a couple of years old.

Il get the private plate off first and then worry about getting an NI one assigned in its place

KevM

RMS Regular
Once the V5 comes back with the original plate, send it, with a letter to DVLA again, requesting an NI plate. You’ll get another V5 and your new reg FOC. The tax likely has to be live

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I made a thread about this a few weeks back, apparently you send a letter along with your V5 to DVLA requesting an NI reg.

I did it last week so will let you know what happens.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes as above it is simple. A letter to DVLA asking for a NI reg is all you need. Done it a few times now

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.