Removing Sigma aftermarket alarm & immobiliser

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
A quick forum search suggests @OLLIeCrX was good at this 12 years ago.. are you still active?

Also it looks like Sigma systems were fitted to UK Subarus for a while can any Scooby boys point me in the right direction?

I tried Torquetronix but he won’t touch it.

Thanks in advance

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Should be a "relatively" easy case of tracing all the wires. I'm sure most installers do not go to excessive lengths to hide splices etc

Although it would still be a PITA to do with wiring access etc.

Is a unit faulty or something ? Can you find out what model it is and get wiring diagrams for it ? Might be handy if instaling a new alarm.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Sigma where dealer fitted, badly. The unit is wired into fuel pump/starter/indicators

You can find the unit itself tucked up behind the steering column

The wiring used is thin gauge compared to likes the fuel pump wiring its spliced into leading to it burning out the relay in the immobiliser unit.

Happened on my my99 uk turbo and was able to bridge the fuel pump immobiliser wiring and immobilise it just on starter

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Should be a "relatively" easy case of tracing all the wires. I'm sure most installers do not go to excessive lengths to hide splices etc

Although it would still be a PITA to do with wiring access etc.

Is a unit faulty or something ? Can you find out what model it is and get wiring diagrams for it ? Might be handy if instaling a new alarm.

Hey Stevie
Yeah the tracing of wires with a bit of soldering & heat shrinking I’d enjoy, it’s the safe removal of plastic trim from 1994 I don’t want to be liable for.

It’s working perfectly unfortunately. I want to remove immobiliser & the need to double click the fob between each ignition but ideally retain the central locking.

This thatcham category 1 alarm & Tracker are a thing of the past.
Sigma where dealer fitted, badly. The unit is wired into fuel pump/starter/indicators

You can find the unit itself tucked up behind the steering column

The wiring used is thin gauge compared to likes the fuel pump wiring its spliced into leading to it burning out the relay in the immobiliser unit.

Happened on my my99 uk turbo and was able to bridge the fuel pump immobiliser wiring and immobilise it just on starter

This sounds lovely

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Chances are it only immosilises one or two circuits. If you can find those wires and just return them back to factory...you wouldnt need to touch any other wiring.

Unless it also flashes indicators if you don't do the double click.