Renault Megane Airbag/service Light 2005 Model

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
i know i know its a renault but i got this and it was a bargain so i took it, anyway the service/airbag light stays on, im fairly certain its a sensor under the drivers seat as with my old megane i had if you wiggle the wires about it would go off, ive found a switch(microswitch?) that seems to have came out of its housing but dont know the exact way it goes back in i think it goes into where i have pictured in the second pic anyone any ideas or can anyone check theirs if they have one?

also ive read up that a lot of people hard wire the loom in under the seat and do away with the plug that connects it up as they say this causes a lot of the issues, anyone on here done that?

536868_376070619100352_100000922528379_1091477_1739311443_n.jpg
563870_376070679100346_100000922528379_1091478_1838287542_n.jpg
546468_376070779100336_100000922528379_1091479_540827272_n.jpg

Gambit

RMS Regular
pretty certain that wont affect it, that switch (i think) is to do with the airbag not firing if the seat is right up close to the steering wheel - but it doesnt cause an open circuit as such

id similar issue with gf's clio, thought it was the wiring under the seat so snipped all them & rewired, turned out it was the seatbelt pretensioner was faulty/it had somehow fired with a previous owner. refitted another & the airbag light went off. i have still no idea where that microswitch is meant to go on her clio but the airbag light went out

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/for...o-seat-belt-tensioner-pressure-switch.129152/

ChrisMI16 was able to diagnose the airbag fault, need reno computer to do it, and pinpointed it to the driverside

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
pretty certain that wont affect it, that switch (i think) is to do with the airbag not firing if the seat is right up close to the steering wheel - but it doesnt cause an open circuit as such

id similar issue with gf's clio, thought it was the wiring under the seat so snipped all them & rewired, turned out it was the seatbelt pretensioner was faulty/it had somehow fired with a previous owner. refitted another & the airbag light went off. i have still no idea where that microswitch is meant to go on her clio but the airbag light went out

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/for...o-seat-belt-tensioner-pressure-switch.129152/

ChrisMI16 was able to diagnose the airbag fault, need reno computer to do it, and pinpointed it to the driverside
that switch clips onto the part in my second picture and a bit of the plastic on the runner activates it from what i can see, unplugged and plugged in everything still on, diagnostic it is then!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Bump! Sounds like a similar problem with the drivers seat I got... minor bump set off the steering wheel airbag from the donor car, but the seat is giving a check airbag warning. Must check out that thread @Gambit !

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.