Renault Zoe e-car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Almost embarrassed to put this up on a petrol head website but a few people had mentioned they would like to see what they are all about. Have to say I love it, the spec is brilliant, and it drives so nice, comfortable but still handles well and is a lot nicer than the Clio they gave us until this arrived. Anyway here's some pics and any questions fire away as I can see these becoming more popular with people who don't do a lot of miles and mainly drive around town.

The deal we got was the top of the range intens model for £145 a month over 2 years, no deposit, no tax, free home charger, metallic paint and allows 6000 mile a year.

This is the commuter car:p I still have a hot hatch for evenings and weekends

Spec list: Reverse camera, parking sensors, bluetooth, cruise control, AC, MFSW, touch screen with apps, ipod/mp3 connection, sat nav, eco mode (more poke when turned off) auto lights, rain sensing wipers, rear privacy glass, electric/heated mirrors, pre heating/cooling feature activated by key.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah just hand it back, and by then there will be a newer one with longer range so will maybe just do the same again if the deal is as good as this one.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Cool wee car, drove her sisters hybrid Auris the other day and it was surprisingly satisfying rolling along knowing it wasn't costing anything. Very strange though when the car is making no noise at all.

Bloody cracking deal too (y)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Can I ask who you leased it through?

I'm looking at something like this to transport children in our day nursery.

Yeah no worries it was through hursts in Boucher, these were the first batch of 200 into the uk but there wil be more coming in, ask for Jason in Renault he deals withn the Zoe,s

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Whats the range, 100miles? Awesome to see electrics actually being sold. Cant wait until they are more accessable to everyone.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yes 100-110 in summer and around 20 less in winter with lights, heaters on etc. we only do about 100 mile a week commuting. The spark who fitted the charger told me the Zoe has a new kind of power unit that can be charged in an hour from normal speed chargers compared to 3-4 hours for a Nissan leaf. The rapid chargers give full charge in 30 mins and your never more than 30 miles from a rapid charger in the north, there's many more of the normal speed ones.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah the White was to electric looking and a bit dull we thought, there's a nice grey too.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks class, health to drive! If I had a normal job with a mon-fri commute I'd do exactly as you have done, brilliant idea!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Do they fit the home charger then free as part of the deal? Or do you have to pay for install?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
After reading about you mentioning these in the lease thread I went and enquired about them. Make so much sense. Trying to talk the misses into it as a commuter to keep the miles off the ST. The savings would pay for it. Complete no brainer IMO.

They drive much better than I was expecting. Looks great in black!

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Electric is no worse than having a diesel imo.

Looks very smart. Are they fully electric or hybrid?

I seen a Nissan leaf being towed the other day with a rope I assumed it ran out of charge.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Smick Yes the charger is all fitted free of charge, takes about an hour or so to do and no hassle unless you dont have a driveway as you then have to pay extra for an extension cable.

@big_pete it drives so nice, soaks up bumpy roads very well in town but is still very chuckable. We will use this monday to friday and the odd blip to the shop etc but it means the FR will be doing very little miles which is good as it only has 52k on it.

@cormac81 its fully electric but there are chargers everywhere, there is one near me in work so at lunch im gonna stick it on for a we top up. The idea is to use the home charger as little as possible.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah its not going to be to everyones taste and financially is why we got it, although for an electric car i think it could look worse....i like the front, not the back so much.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.