Renaultsport Clio 182 FF

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Class cars, looks a really nice example. Wish I'd kept mine. Finding a good one of these is almost impossible these days.

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
I'm definitely enjoying this 🤣🤣
Wish I picked one up sooner!
IMG_20220115_151404.jpg
IMG_20220115_151433.jpg

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Glad you are enjoying 182 ownership! Addictive little cars. Black gold when clean is a properly lovely colour as well 😍

Reactions: ALN

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
How are you finding it @ALN ? How does it compare to the Cooper S?

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
How are you finding it @ALN ? How does it compare to the Cooper S?
I'm quite taken by it mate tbh. You couldn't pick one over the other between the 182 and the r53 if I'm honest. They both deliver fun in very different ways. If you want that rawness get a 182. If you want a tad more refined and the uniqueness of a supercharger then it's the r53. I'd have my r53 back in the garage in heartbeat beside this.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I loved our mini but it was only a Cooper SD. A R53 Cooper S is definitely one I want to tick of the list though. I've always liked the look of the 182 Clios but was just never that struck on the interiors.

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
I loved our mini but it was only a Cooper SD. A R53 Cooper S is definitely one I want to tick of the list though. I've always liked the look of the 182 Clios but was just never that struck on the interiors.
The interior is dung compared to the mini but when you're blasting down a b road you couldn't care less. If you ever see either for sale at fair money jump on it because prices will only go one way.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Cheers. If I'm down you're way ill give you a shout!

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
Finally got round to fitting my Sabelt wheel. The original wheel is in pretty good condition and not melted like most but it’s like a bus wheel. Picked up a Volantech panel for the horn function.

Made a slight boob when installing and knocked the wheel angle sensor so had a few lights on the dash and the wheel didn’t know where it was pointing. All sorted now though and sitting perfect.

Really love this wee car!
569BC23F-DDFE-4F1E-B56D-6A262662AFE8.jpeg
60E9D435-8F21-4221-8182-6DAA7D74721F.jpeg
CF45CF85-2D46-42BE-B733-B8022756F87B.jpeg

Attachments

• 8ACF1D21-C37A-4F83-95C7-A66718AC48EC.jpeg
    8ACF1D21-C37A-4F83-95C7-A66718AC48EC.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 42

fredmcf

RMS Member
Drives
Clio 182 Cup
@ALN How has the smaller wheel affected the handling, much more direct? Been tempted to replace the original wheel on my Cup, it's massive and also badly melted

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Do newer clio wheels fit? Shame to lose the OEM look

I am sure it feels a lot better. I remember changing to a FBMFSW in my old A3 and the difference was very noticeable

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Hard to beat a wee steering wheel for that proper go kart experience, looks great 👍🏻

fredmcf

RMS Member
Drives
Clio 182 Cup

I am sure it feels a lot better. I remember changing to a FBMFSW in my old A3 and the difference was very noticeable
I'd prefer to keep mine oem, so tempted to get the current wheel re-trimmed but a smaller one is tempting, especially since I'm planning on the odd track day

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
@ALN How has the smaller wheel affected the handling, much more direct? Been tempted to replace the original wheel on my Cup, it's massive and also badly melted
More direct would be a good way to describe it. Also suits the car if it’s more a toy than a daily.

I don’t believe they do. I had a similar thought.
Mine came with a Renault stamped Sabelt which I think looks fairly factory… Not sure where it was bought View attachment 359595
The wheel I installed can come with this but wasn’t able to get one without over paying. I assume it’s laser etched so I’ll get it done at some point.

I see you’ve retained the volumn stock. I decided to remove this and I think I can get a blanking plate. Looked odd to me lol

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
Haven’t done anything else with this car other than a rear wiper delete and just enjoying it. A good blast out to Newcastle and a few runs via Spelga was just brilliant fun. Once you’re into the twisties there’s not much can keep up it seems lol.

2047FC9F-8C2C-46A7-AAC2-EB7602BA0B03.jpeg

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Looks great. Always found the 172/182 needed better brakes. The 197 has awesome brakes but doesn’t have the rawness of the 182.
Somewhere in between the two cars would be the sweet spot.