Renegade Mountain Run

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sunday 5th July

Haven’t been before but few mates n myself are planning to head. Is anyone from RMS going?

Info below from their Facebook page

Guys we've been chatting and we think it's time to get the cars back out on the road and we've come up with a route that we know won't disappoint.
Meetup point will be at the Outlet Banbridge as usual, leaving at 10 am sharp. This will be an all day event...no 20 minute sprint up the road, so we want to set off nice and early to make the most of the day.
There will be a mix of motorway driving and some scenic routes for all to enjoy, bring Euros as we'll be going across the border down past Dublin, remember to sort your M50 toll out etc.
Due to the covid situation we advise bringing a picnic or something handy to eat as we won't be able to go to restaurants etc. at present, there will be a few stop offs along the way for food and pitstops. The run is open to all and free of charge, just meeting up with your mates for a day's craic. Photos will be taken throughout the day and more info will be given about the route as we get closer to the day.
Note that we will be adhering to all social distancing policies to ensure everybody's safety.
Spread the word and see you all on the 5th.

Thanks

david

jessy

RMS Regular
The group has had some great previous runs, both local and to Europe (Worthersee), hope to see plenty there

rryans11

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra 290
We’ll be leaving at 10, should be a good day out. Be glad to see some rms guys down.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Yes sounds good. Seems to be good few RMS'ers going too.

Don't know about anyone else but I haven't been on a proper run in about 9 months so I'm well ready for one!lol

rryans11

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra 290
I don’t know the exact route but it’ll probably be about 300 miles in total for people coming from Belfast. I’d say a lot of us will refill on the way back home at Newry. Couple of the big drinkers are bringing octane booster in case they have to fill before we get back to the north.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Sounds like a trip to the Wicklow mountains then?

Going via ardee/Slane/Ashbourne would be much more enjoyable than taking the M1 and likely not be that much longer time wise

There's McKinstrys in Banbridge as well as the topaz coming from Gilford both do super and the BP on dromore Street

Then there's the 24 hour on the Belfast road in newry would be the last few handy stops before hitting the boarder. Plenty of circle K on the way down too

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Sounds like a trip to the Wicklow mountains then?

Going via ardee/Slane/Ashbourne would be much more enjoyable than taking the M1 and likely not be that much longer time wise

There's McKinstrys in Banbridge as well as the topaz coming from Gilford both do super and the BP on dromore Street

Then there's the 24 hour on the Belfast road in newry would be the last few handy stops before hitting the boarder. Plenty of circle K on the way down too

I was reading this thinking where the frig is McKinstrys 😂