Replacement key fob

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Apologies in advance for starting another thread regarding this but im after someone around Portadown/Dungannon area that could sort out a new key and possibly spare key for a VW passat

Lock button works perfectly, open boot button works perfectly but the unlock button is very temperamental.
I've also just lost the wee plastic key bit that goes inside the key that has the keyring bit attached (frustrating I've nowhere to hang the house keys)

Any recommendations on who to contact and a rough guide price please?

20210921_130907.jpg

Vtec Phil

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
could you not take it apart and clean it could just be dirt on the contact or damaged rubber membrane and get 2nd hand one off eBay for parts?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
For anyone in need of keys sorted in future this guy got me sorted so worth a shout:

Got him just at the right time as he was passing my house in between jobs so out and away within an hour

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
For anyone in need of keys sorted in future this guy got me sorted so worth a shout:

Got him just at the right time as he was passing my house in between jobs so out and away within an hour

@bora-gav do you remember what he charged? Just the same as in the photo you posted above?

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
Save starting a new thread, the B7 Passat I’ve picked up has 2 keys. One works and likely the original. The 2nd came with it but I’d say it’s a replacement as the plastic ‘key’ that can be removed to open the door manually is blank with no ‘key’ shape as such cut into it.

Can this be cut from/matched to the original at any key cutter (tipsons etc) and then I can try to sync it as per manual or is it a proper locksmith job as above?