Replacement speakers

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I have seen on another forum someone has replaced their speakers with a direct replacement by Focal. Is their stuff decent or has anyone ever done a replacement

looking at these

7D2E85B6-A69B-40BE-858D-88CFAD897083.png

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I used Focal for years with decent results, but these days prefer the sound of Rainbow''s offerings. Careful positioning is key for a speaker. And don't scrimp on sound deadening behind and around it.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
OP
J
I used Focal for years with decent results, but these days prefer the sound of Rainbow''s offerings. Careful positioning is key for a speaker. And don't scrimp on sound deadening behind and around it.

yea my plan was the following:
Remove old speakers
Install replacements
Yep that’s it lol

I just want something simple and I ain’t the handiest lol

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Got this kit for Xmas
Snapchat-1819546368.jpg

Also got myself some of the fast rings @61_Vert suggested

They're going into my E36 which I've a pioneer headunit in, just curious should I just use the wires connecting the OEM speakers or try and wire the speakers directly to the white and red ports at the back of the headunit for better audio?

MVH-S310BT-rear.jpg

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
white and red ports are for Amplifier connection only buddy. They output a low-level signal in order for the amp to amp the sound! If they sound gash when connected to the vehicle wiring, then get a small amplifier. I suspect they'll be fine if correctly installed though.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
white and red ports are for Amplifier connection only buddy. They output a low-level signal in order for the amp to amp the sound! If they sound gash when connected to the vehicle wiring, then get a small amplifier. I suspect they'll be fine if correctly installed though.

Awesome I wasn't too sure on the red/white ports

Thanks for the info, would I be better fitting spades to the end of the wires in the car to attach to the new speakers or wrap the wire around the + & - prongs?