Replacement wiring harness? - Where?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
My Dad's Zafira B needs a new engine harness, £220 from Pauxhall. The original harness has a number of broken wires and I feel that repairing isn't an option as more wires are likely to break in the not to distant future, however if I can't find a suitably affordable replacement I may have to repair it.

So, question 1 - Does anyone know of a 2009MY Zafira B 1.9 CDTi Auto with DPF for breaking?

Question 2 - Is there anywhere in NI builds wiring looms for kit cars etc?

Or

Anyone work in Vauxhall and can get me a better price for a loom? Part Number 13101619 - No2 in the attached pic
Zafira Loom.jpg

I have found one on eBay but it is in Germany, £150 delivered, supposedly new old stock.

Thanks in advance

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
there was a gold 1.9 cdti on gumtree for breaking i got the drive shafts out off it

i am not sure how the auto loom is different

vauxhall have a lot to answer for with the cheap wiring in zafiras our vxr has me pulling my hair out

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Was it auto do you know? Was on gumtree and could only find 6 breaking. I did find one breaking on ebay but I'm nearly sure the guy cut the plug off so he didn't have to sell me it.

This thing of my Dad's was hit one p/s/f many years ago and badly repaired, this loom seems to be one of the side effects.

Auto is a different part number form manual, probably to do with the PNP switch on the gearbox, there are about 6 looms listed just for CDTi!

dddrrift

RMS Regular
theres probably more that a few variations of loom for that car. I had this problem with an Astra J VXR. 29 variations of loom. New loom from vauxhall was £1200, had to bite the bullet in the end and bought it. Good luck with Ballyrobert too

pablo

RMS Moderator
£220 doesnt seem that bad and at least you know it will be perfect vs a scrapper one.

I dont think £220 would go far towards a custom loom.

tried partsgateway for a hit? they search loads of breakers. If you do want to go down that road.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I buy plenty of VW and BMW parts from Germany via eBay and I’m yet to have an issue. That would be the route I’d be going down to have a simple plug and play solution, especially for such a short loom which should be easily enough replaced.

The cost for a custom loom would far exceed the Vauxhall price, never mind the eBay price.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
the problem is all the engine looms are coded to the abs / ecu / chipped key / transponder / clocks so ya need the right one

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Have you pulled it apart to see if the damage is obvious ?

Whilst tedious, it may just be as handy to replace the sections of wire that are causing problems if the damage can be seen, which if the car has been hit/repaired, would hopefully be easier than some other random wiring problem.

Although £200 in parts, that will fix it and be relatively quick and easy to fit....maybe isnt so bad vs countless hours fixing it wire at a time.

I found Vauxhall pricing has got much worse, they no longer do trade club etc since PSA took them over.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Have you pulled it apart to see if the damage is obvious ?

Whilst tedious, it may just be as handy to replace the sections of wire that are causing problems if the damage can be seen, which if the car has been hit/repaired, would hopefully be easier than some other random wiring problem.

Although £200 in parts, that will fix it and be relatively quick and easy to fit....maybe isnt so bad vs countless hours fixing it wire at a time.

I found Vauxhall pricing has got much worse, they no longer do trade club etc since PSA took them over.
Thanks to @Cartunes I am having it repaired as it seems sourcing a new one in damn hard! My fear is other wires breaking, I would have liked a new loom for a reliability point of view. The car is virtually worthless due to finding out it was an insurance write off after purchase (was cheap anyway but it was a bundle of scrap). It has been reliable to date and a decent motor bar the cosmetic side of things. It really is only a second car so sinking £200+ into a car owned by a pensioner as a second car isn't really an option I want to take if it can be avoided.
Try Norman McMullen Strabne 028 8165 8324
I did, he didn't return my call or answer my email

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.