Reregistering English car in NI

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
As above got a letter with original V5C from DVLA saying i have to reregister my car for NI with DVA.

Does this mean i lose the private plate??

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
As above you can keep it

Just write a letter with the registration form saying you wish to keep the original plate.

I kept the english plate when i brought my 3 door over here

pablo

RMS Moderator
do it in the tax office if you want to be sure. they will ask do you want an NI plate. just say no. simples

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
Ok will brave the queue as my world would fall apart if they sent me rereg number back in the post :sob:

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Thread revival. Had a quick search but didn't find my answer.

How do i go about reregistering a car to replace the english registration with a Northern Irish registration?

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Go to the tax office and they’ll ask you whether you’d like a NI reg issued.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Thread revival. Had a quick search but didn't find my answer.

How do i go about reregistering a car to replace the english registration with a Northern Irish registration?
Or send your v5 to Swansea with a covering lettering asking for a ni plate to be issued. Did that myself in January.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Or send your v5 to Swansea with a covering lettering asking for a ni plate to be issued. Did that myself in January.

Thanks. I’ll wait for the tax book to arrive in my name and then send it of to Swansea with a covering letter. Is there a fee?

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
What are the current NI regs being issued? Her new car has an English reg on it which I want off it.

markmeus

RMS Regular
Depends on which county you want it registered in, a few weeks ago Down was in the very last of the FSZ series, could possibly have moved on to GSZ now.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Will probably go with Co Antrim WGZ. RXZ would be nice but don't like SXZ and definitely don't like WIG!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
When doing this can you pick the county or is it just done on your address?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
When doing this can you pick the county or is it just done on your address?
Afaik it's down to your address now, but you could always ask for another county plate when send the letter off and see what you get?
When you did it here and could walk into a tax office you could ask for whatever county.
Will probably go with Co Antrim WGZ. RXZ would be nice but don't like SXZ and definitely don't like WIG!
WGZ be Belfast

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Afaik it's down to your address now, but you could always ask for another county plate when send the letter off and see what you get?
When you did it here and could walk into a tax office you could ask for whatever county.

WGZ be Belfast
Cheers, have a couple of English reg cars so will send them off and see if I can get something decent and sequential.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Cheers, have a couple of English reg cars so will send them off and see if I can get something decent and sequential.
Pot luck with them too mate re regd his car before me and got
#GZ 2929 or something

hillbilly

RMS Regular
To get a local number, is it just a case of sending the V5 to Swansea and ask for a local number? I can't find any info anywhere and the dvla chatbot is a waste of time.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I did it a few years ago this is what I was told

Attachments

• 80A530CD-AFA2-4088-8446-4362D55A79A5.jpeg
    80A530CD-AFA2-4088-8446-4362D55A79A5.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 53