Restrictor kits?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
wheres your location close to, geof kernahan can do it and belfast honda, usually around 100-200 mark depends what the bike is.
i recomend a good few months on it makes you learn the proper lines and keeps you off the brakes ;)
once your confident enough rip it out and start all over agian :laughing:

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
I rode a restricted Hornet 600 once for 10 miles. 10 miles was enough. How anyone can spend 2 years on the things without losing interest in motorcycles baffles me. No power for overtaking and revs hit a brick wall at 6k.
Anyway, I'm sure any motorcycle main dealer will fire them in. Carb washers from FI (i think thats the name) are usually £200-250 fitted. Throttle slide restrictions are a bit cheaper and restricted ECUs may be more or less, really don't know.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Not sure of the bike yet. '00-'03 cbr/bandit if I can make my mind up. I don't think the restrictor will stay on it long, but I can say it was and "still is" with the cert. more so for insurance purposes than anything

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
had no idea the restrictor kits cost that much! Glad i decided not to bother :p.

As long as you're sensible on the bike and are able to control your right hand then you would be grand without one. The bike will only go as fast as you want it to.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
True but 2 years is a long time to go without binning your bike enough for it to be examined by the insurance ****s (n) Suppose a lot is down to how valuable your bike is, but given the price of parts it is a big risk.

Still always plan on getting mine done but barely been out this year and less than a year to go now before it means nout lol :worried: You could buy the washers and fit them yourself and there's a few people on here who can sort you out with certificates saving you a right wad of cash if you do go that way ;)

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sm motorcycles in Ards can supply and fit restrictor kits. 02891814395

sparkplug86

RMS Regular
Drives
2002 Toyota tspo
I myself had a restrictor kit fitted when i passed my test. It really isnt worth getting caught without it. You need the paperwork and the sticker on the bike as proof. Riding with it for 2 years gives you a much better understanding of how to ride a bike properly and I am glad I had it fitted. I would highly recomend Geoff Kernahan, knows his stff and doesnt charge you a fortune!

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
ur gona need the paper work for some insurance companies and the only way to prove the bike is ristricted is by dyno or taken it apart. both my friends have had accidents on non ristricted bikes but they never got checked out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.