Retro Blaupunkt car stereo

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Anyone seen these yet, DAB, Bluetooth, USB etc Blaupunkt Bremen. Seem to be around £3/400 though

Attachments

• bluapunkt.jpg
    bluapunkt.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 127

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Don’t think I could justify £400 on that.

One of the VDO Continental units @gav525 is half the price and would be retro enough. Unless you’re a complete beard!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yeah I did look at them but the 996 is too “new“ to pull the retro look which is why I went with the Continental one.
They’re class though, i would have one no problem in an 80s/early 90s car

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
The only downside I can see is if you have a usb stick plugged in, it sticks out the 'tape' door

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Looks pretty cool.

IMO, one of the biggest annoyances about modern units is a lack of normal buttons. I recently changed mine to a Blaupunkt Skagen, but it's just annoying to use.
But it was one of the more plain units I could find to slightly better suit something older.

That Bremen looks great, although a slightly larger display might be nice.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Really want one for the E34 to have the interior finished bar some small things.

I like the fact it has buttons and doesnt have a big screen as it does exactly what it needs to, look old with the modern functions.

scub

Banned
that's class. had one many moons ago in a car. can't remember which one but the blaupunkt was worth as much as the motor 👍

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'd have one in the Scooby no problem, though I'd prefer light green illumination. To be honest the screen on my original Philips tape deck is playing up so I may have to change it at some point and that would be up there.... Would miss the tape deck though as I actually still have some of those!

vw1500

RMS Regular
OP
vw1500
Drives
VW
I'd have one in the Scooby no problem, though I'd prefer light green illumination. To be honest the screen on my original Philips tape deck is playing up so I may have to change it at some point and that would be up there.... Would miss the tape deck though as I actually still have some of those!
Nothing wrong with that still use tape deck in my daily as CD changer isn't working lol

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Nothing wrong with that still use tape deck in my daily as CD changer isn't working lol

I had my Scooby near two years before I realised it had a CD changer! Wasn't in the boot like it usually is in a Scooby so though it didn't have one....its under the passenger seat. Still use tapes though.