Return vehicle to dealer query

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So long story short ,paintwork on a vehicle bought recently has went bad and said vehicle was returned to hurst body shop for warranty paint claim .on inspection the vehicle has been painted everywhere except the bonnet .obviously not possible to now get repaired under warrenty .
The car was bought from a main dealer only 2 months ago and the person was told it was not painted before as they specifically asked that question .were does the boy go now ,is he in a position to refuse the car after 7-8 weeks on finding this out .it’s not on as a damaged car ect .is it his tough luck and now have to fight with the dealer to get the panels repainted that’s bad .thanks G

KevM

RMS Regular
"yeah, it's never been painted" - Rookie mistake Mr Salesman! 😆

It's very unlikely that the dealer won't try and get them fixed up with a more satisfactory car.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
No chance of returning it.

Hardly a car in the country hasn't seen paint. I don't see the big issue, get it fixed properly and drive it!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
How can it not be under warranty if it was supplied with bad paint, and painted all over for unknown reasons ? Is there damage underneath ? would be a bigger question.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
How can it not be under warranty if it was supplied with bad paint, and painted all over for unknown reasons ? Is there damage underneath ? would be a bigger question.
That’s the worry ,god knows what will happen to the rest of the paint in the next lot of months .
No chance of returning it.

Hardly a car in the country hasn't seen paint. I don't see the big issue, get it fixed properly and drive it!
I wouldn’t be impressed if I bought a car and found out every single panel bar one had been painted .I totally don’t see an issue with 1-2 panels but for them all ,I would be devastated .it’s more the fact there is issues with the paint appearing is more concerning .
What do you mean went bad?
The d/s quarter panel has about 7-8 bubbles of which two has popped and they touched them In as they were the first two that appeared and they thought they were stone chips .now another 5-6 has appeared .when I looked at the vehicle I seen another 2 on the p/s quarter also .

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
First port of call is taking it to the main dealer, see if they will fix it, im sure the solicitors on here can offer more advice if that doesn't work out. if you can show the dealer with something like a paint depth guage then maybe thatll help

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
How old is the car? There's a very good chance the dealer didn't know it was painted too. Not all dealers are enthusiasts, or even know how to spot a car that's been painted.
The d/s quarter panel has about 7-8 bubbles of which two has popped and they touched them In as they were the first two that appeared and they thought they were stone chips .now another 5-6 has appeared .when I looked at the vehicle I seen another 2 on the p/s quarter also .
That sounds pretty bad tbf

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
First port of call is taking it to the main dealer, see if they will fix it, im sure the solicitors on here can offer more advice if that doesn't work out. if you can show the dealer with something like a paint depth guage then maybe thatll help
I was there getting the vehicle inspected .the bonnet is 110 and the rest of the car is between 175-200. They said the only original paint is the bonnet .
How old is the car? There's a very good chance the dealer didn't know it was painted too. Not all dealers are enthusiasts, or even know how to spot a car that's been painted.

That sounds pretty bad tbf
It’s 3 years old ,the vehicle belonged to the salesman’s brother and they were selling it for him .very possible he didn’t know as it was bought 18 months previously from another main dealer