Reviving rubber kick plates

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
So the rubber edges around my f30 kick plates have gone a lovely white colour. The previous owner I reckon used some an unfriendly chemical to wash the car. Does anyone have any recommendations for revival. Had a look at Gtechniq trim restorer but unsure if it’s suitable. I would describe the material as similar to the door seals, not the hard exterior plastic that is often found around the arches. Would also like something that doesn’t require a top up every two weeks
BBD4BEFF-13A3-4613-885A-2F446056F6D7.jpeg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I normal use autoglym plastic and trim conditioner on bumpers and that and usually comes up very well.

Here it is on a badly faded bmw scuttle panel. Tho I'm not sure what the durability is

But as already mentioned, give it a good clean first to get rid of whatever was used previously

Screenshot_20201030_184726.jpg

Screenshot_20201030_184738.jpg

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
OP
Jrooney06
Drives
F30 M Sport
I’d clean that first exceptionally well, looks almost like ingrained polish. Check out solution finish.

hm that’s a good shout actually but I’ve looked at them online and there seems to be quite a few the same way.

I normal use autoglym plastic and trim conditioner on bumpers and that and usually comes up very well.

Here it is on a badly faded bmw scuttle panel. Tho I'm not sure what the durability is

But as already mentioned, give it a good clean first to get rid of whatever was used previously

View attachment 300481
View attachment 300482

that is a good job to be fair. How long does it last? Would like to get something that I don’t have to constantly top up because the stuff I have is oily in nature so it means taping around the kick plate every time. It’s a whole palaver.