Rick's C6 RS6

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
I actually was referring to paying for Audi to pull the engine out, not many people would.
Although it does look like new discs in the second pic.

Makes more sense that lol, got confused because discs are dear too

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Car got a deep clean today, she looks much better, but I'll not be happy until after the bumpers are re painted and she gets a full detail.

The best bit about Misano is it really hides the dirt and swirls, they're there but not as noticeable as black or white.
20180901_144147.jpg
20180901_141916.jpg

She'll be getting body coloured mirrors when going for paint
Snapchat-395214283.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks soo good in red!

You’re not painting the aluminium mirrors are you??

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
What about doing the mirrors black?

I did contemplate black for a little while, but then I saw pictures of Avant's with the black grill, one had black mirrors one had red, and I knew I wanted the red! I want the car to almost look as normal as possible.

This is the one which swayed me

IMG-20180507-WA0006.jpg

A couple of TDi badges and a set of metro plates will finish it perfectly! (I do love it, and admire your commitment btw!)

Not a couple, just the one, when the detail is finished, I'll be applying a square of clear 3M with a TDI badge stuck to it, that way after a month or two when I'm bored of people being bewildered by how quick a TDI is I can peel it off without any residue left.

I've been looking into magnetic plates etc as I think it looks mean as hell without anything on the front

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Looking through other RS6 owner build threads really really really doesn't help the bank balance......

I've now decided that at some stage I shall be having my headlights modified

image_zps6p4i69gb.jpeg

To most looking at those headlights they would assume they've just been painted black, which is exactly what I want, but if you look closely you might notice a second projector, this is a major upgrade over stock as one of the biggest let downs in this car is the light output

It might not happen along side the upcoming mods I've planned, but it'll definitely be on my list

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I've been looking into magnetic plates etc as I think it looks mean as hell without anything on the front
You can get really strong magnets called dymesium magnets.

If you glued a few to the rear of the black grill and a few on the number plate you could in theory take your plates off as and when it suited you.

Car looks so good and goes even better. Can’t wait to hear it when you get the pipes sorted

Jonny

RMS Regular

If you glued a few to the rear of the black grill and a few on the number plate you could in theory take your plates off as and when it suited you.

Car looks so good and goes even better. Can’t wait to hear it when you get the pipes sorted
And where would someone procure said magnets from mate?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796

PERFECT!

Would these be the ones you're talking about?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neodymium-Countersunk-Magnets-Strong-Magnet/dp/B077XPZLM9

Going by the pictures, those tiny magnets can hold up a drill! Unreal.

Looking at the bumper there's actually a frame behind the grill, so if I were to attach the magnets to it I could snap the plate on and off :grinning:

20180912_075358.jpg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
So today I picked up my first big mod for the car, really looking forward to seeing how the car handles on MPS4Ss, pebbles were sticking to them as I rolled them along the ground lol.

For 20" alloys with tyres they're suprisingly light, not that weight saving is a possibility in this monster of a car!

20180913_160924.jpg

Now I've to just sit back and wait for the ceramic coat to be applied so I can finally fit them!

20180913_161042.jpg

I just want to say a massive thanks to @Alan B from TGNI for getting these for me, not only was he cheaper than anywhere else, he did an incredible job having the tyres fitted carefully! To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Great tyre. That’s what I have

Never ran Michelins before so looking forward to seeing why they're so good

Have been happy with Vredesteins in the past, and pirellis but hate the Kumhos that were on it!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Woooohooooo pretty damn excited tonight! Picked the wheels up from being ceramic coated, that gloss is magnificent, just a shame the paintwork on the car is letting them down!!!
20180920_011308.jpg
20180920_011317.jpg
20180920_011331.jpg

More daytime pics to follow, I got a bit excited and fit them an hour and a half ago.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Not feeling those wheels at all for some reason, car looks so good though elsewhere.