Rick's C6 RS6

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Just saw this thread....epic.........

But that engine..............that is actually a frightening looking thing.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Good job on the grill. Not keen on the mirrors personally just, I think the aluminium ones set the S/RS models out from the rest.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Good job on the grill. Not keen on the mirrors personally just, I think the aluminium ones set the S/RS models out from the rest.

I know it'll not be too everyone's liking, but there's an option box when buying them to have body coloured mirrors and I always preferred them over alu, had alu on my A3 for a while and got sick of it pretty quickly, much like the RS badges on dervs there's plenty of alu mirrors on non s/rs models too lol

They are in a box for if I ever changed my mind, however I doubt I'd go back to Alu, would probably be black or carbon if I fancy a change

Next step is for a bit of anachem love when I get a nice day for it!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I think you're local to me but sadly haven't spotted this out and about yet. Will give you a flash if I see (or hear) you :p

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
I think you're local to me but sadly haven't spotted this out and about yet. Will give you a flash if I see (or hear) you :p

I'll do my best to do the same, I get flashed at by people who's cars I know but don't even notice haha.

I'm sure you'll hear it at some stage, @Mac1987 heard it before he saw it I think 😂

You used to drive a chaser if I'm putting two and two together correctly? A good few years back

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I'll do my best to do the same, I get flashed at by people who's cars I know but don't even notice haha.

I'm sure you'll hear it at some stage, @Mac1987 heard it before he saw it I think 😂

You used to drive a chaser if I'm putting two and two together correctly? A good few years back

Correct sir.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Looks well although I’d be another fan of the brushed mirror caps. Heard/saw it through Newry a few times.
Who did you use for paint?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Looks good. Would you not black the chrome window strips too?

The rest of the Chrome is getting wrapped after the detail is complete, to ensure it doesn't peel off when the surrounds are taped off. I was thinking of saying fk it and getting it done, and then done again after. But it's going for the detail straight after I get the brakes fitted, so decided to be patient. I really really want it done now though 😥

Looks well although I’d be another fan of the brushed mirror caps. Heard/saw it through Newry a few times.
Who did you use for paint?

Dermot McCann in sixmilecross, looks brand new 😁 can't get over it tbh

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Spent a while there now pulling out the old inner lights to replace them with new ones as a common issue is they fade and look crap!

Kicking myself as I pulled apart the whole boot covers only to now realise they can be done by just removing the rear cluster cover which was the very first thing that came off. Didn't need to do the rest 😤 ah well what can I do now lol
20190501_164722.jpg
20190501_172758.jpg
20190501_172803.jpg
20190501_172814.jpg
20190501_172825.jpg

The faded before shot

Snapchat-2082672227.jpg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Started off by giving the car a generous dose of articulate followed by a double dose of purge on the wheels
20190512_123427.jpg

Then onto the foam, rinsed off then a second foam to go along with gleam
20190512_133139.jpg
20190512_133212.jpg

At this stage I was getting a little worried as there was clear skies and the sun was beaming down on half the paint, luckily I got away with it not being too warm and applied the swissvax without too much trouble, didn't let it cure for the recommended 5-10 mins to be safe, the sooner I've a garage for this stuff the happier I'll be!
20190512_144945.jpg

Unfortunately as it's overcast now the post wash pre wax pics look better than the post wax pics 😂

Just got an awesome reflection shot!
20190512_155513.jpg

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
I seen you one saturday night there beside the Movie House and such a noise it makes even at idle...

Class Wagon!

Mate lives near by lol, it's silly loud on cold start, and WOT but totally comical and I love every second of loud pedal

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
So these showed up today, quite annoyed as I'd hoped to have them for taking the car to England for the work being carried out, now the brakes will be filled with motul 660 fluid and I'll save the SRF for next year or the 328i

Anti roll bar to chassis drop links front and back, might end up sending these over to get the lot done at once.
20190522_164743.jpg

So much being done in the next few weeks it's hard to keep track

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So these showed up today, quite annoyed as I'd hoped to have them for taking the car to England for the work being carried out, now the brakes will be filled with motul 660 fluid and I'll save the SRF for next year or the 328i

Anti roll bar to chassis drop links front and back, might end up sending these over to get the lot done at once. View attachment 236810

So much being done in the next few weeks it's hard to keep track
What are you getting done rick and is it back to unit 20 ?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
What are you getting done rick and is it back to unit 20 ?

With a different guy this time around, REPerformance

Brakes, anti roll bars, polybushes, headlights, and to ensure the engine is running at 100% before it gets fettled with...

There's an air leak type noise from around the back of the engine bay which I'm unsure is a characteristic or fault so he's giving the car a thorough check up. Has a very very good reputation

Then once it's finished it'll be going into Rollo 😍