Rms 10th Birthday Show, Junction 1, Sunday 21st August 2011

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I am pleased to announce, that in celebration of ReallyMeanSounds’ 10th Birthday, there is a large show being held at Junction One Shopping Centre, Co. .Antrim on Sunday 21st August 2011.

This day is aimed at bringing together Modified, Classic, Race and Rally cars to make for an enjoyable afternoon for all petrol heads and all family members alike and to raise funds for a worthwhile cause.

The fee for car entries will be £10 per car on display, with ALL proceeds going to Arthritis Care, spectator’s entry is free of charge.

Spaces are limited to 250 or so cars along with 10 trade stands. If your website, car club or business wishes to exhibit, please drop an email to show@reallymeansounds.com to arrange a booking.

Please keep checking back to www.reallymeansounds.com for the latest updates on the days happenings and I hope to see many of you on the day...

RMSSHOW.jpg

Small update on the event folks.

I have secured some free stuff from UsedCarsNI.com, TheMotorGym in Bangor and Auto Windscreens & Motorspares in Bangor also for entry goodie bags as well as raffle prizes.

On top of this we have great news in conjunction with ProCar and UsedCars NI who will be running a superb competition together, more news of this coming soon...

22.06.11 UPDATE

I have some more exciting news on the event as of today.

We have secured worldwide energy drinks brand "Monster Energy" as a sponsor for the day and they will be in attendance with their Chevvy Truck. Not only will you get the chance to view this customised beast, but also promotional staff will be present on the day handing out free drinks!

Also on board is AutoFashion.ie who are; as the name suggests, a leading supplier of quality automotive clothing. They will be exhibiting on the day, allowing those wishing to purchase from their wide range of stock a chance to do so.

I was on-board their mobile unit at the Donegal Rally last weekend and they had a vast range of new stock including the Monster Energy range, all of which are at reasonable prices.

On top of all this great news, we have secured more space at the venue allowing us to clear the reserve lists of potential exhibitors and make for a better all round show for such a great charity.

04.08.11 UPDATE

Want to update your car with a new set of rims?

Well now you can in association with RMS' 10th Birthday Show along with www.procarbelfast.co.uk and www.usedcarsni.com I am pleased to announce the Usedcars NI's August's facebook giveaway!

One lucky follower will be in with a chance to win a set of 17" alloy wheels and ProCar Belfast have kindly supplied a choice of 3 rims for the winner to choose from.

It couldn't be simpler to enter this FREE GIVEAWAY.

All you need to do is visit UsedCarsNI's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/UsedCarsNI and like them.

Images of the rims are available to view and also the fitment guide of each wheel is listed.

The draw will take place on Sunday 21st August at the ReallyMeanSounds.com 10th Birthday Show at Junction One where the winner will be announced.

Thanks once again to Procar and UsedCars NI for their support to the RMS 10th Birthday Show at Junction One and also this great prize.

Get liking and good luck!

09.08.11 UPDATE

2 for 1 at Junction Jacks

Junction Jack’s Mini Golf would like to offer the RMS 10th Birthday Event a special offer on the day of the show (21st Aug). Junction Jack’s is Northern Ireland’s latest and most exciting 18 hole pirate themed Mini Golf course. Built and designed for all of the family in mind, from the very youngest (as long as they can hold a putter) to the very oldest (as long as they don’t mind losing) Junction Jack’s is sure to provide “fun and adventure on the high tees” for all the family.

The offer Junction Jack’s have put on for the RMS event is to offer two rounds for the price of one. If people quote ‘RMS’ to the tickets hut when paying, then this offer will be available to them.

Please check out the web site, http://www.junctionjacks.co.uk/

12.08.11 UPDATE

Arthritis Care NI to benefit from RMS 10th Birthday Car Show

6034613967_c36586e153_z.jpg

A stunning display of more than 300 road and competition cars is expected at the RMS 10th birthday car show, which will be held at Junction One shopping outlet on Sunday 21 August, and is in aid of Arthritis Care NI.

Organised by car enthusiast, Graham Curry, he hopes to raise thousands of pounds for this very worthwhile charity during the course of the day.

“Arthritis Care is a charity close to my heart and I’ve always wanted to do something to help them,” said Curry. “I’ve been a member of the RMS website since it was formed and the 10th birthday celebrations seemed like a perfect opportunity to raise money for charity. Every penny raised will go towards Arthritis Care NI, which cares for thousands in Northern Ireland.”

The show will be open from 1.30pm until 5pm and there will be free entry for spectators. It follows the Ulster Rally, which takes place over the Friday and Saturday before the event, and provides a perfect finale to what will be a high-octane weekend of motorsport action in County Antrim!

“Junction One is delighted to be able to host the very popular RMS car show on Sunday 21 August,” said Junction One Centre Manager, Leona Barr. “It will follow hot on the heels of the Ulster Rally that will base their service area onsite during the previous two days at Junction One. Arthritis Care is the chosen charity of the Month for Junction One and they will benefit from any money raised from the show.”

Arthritis affects more than 289,000 people locally, including 30,000 young people under the age of 45 and more than 600 children.

“Arthritis Care NI is delighted to be benefiting from the spectacular RMS 10th Birthday Car Show,” said Marcus Cooper, Fundraising Manager for Arthritis Care N.I. “The charity is committed to giving people living with the pain of arthritis the opportunities to be more in control and to have the knowledge that allows them to make informed decisions about what is best for them. The support of all at RMS as part of their 10th Birthday Car Show is very much appreciated.”

RMS is a popular local car enthusiast website which can be found online at www.reallymeansounds.com. Created by local motorsport competitor, Andy Cooper, it has grown from strength to strength since its launch in 2001, and now has a following of more than 16,000 members.

“We thought of no better way to celebrate the 10th anniversary of RMS than to involve motoring enthusiasts from around the Province in what promises to be an awesome show,” said Cooper. “Junction One will host hundreds of different cars on display, from classic to performance and motorsport, with something for everyone. Most importantly, all collections on the day will go towards Arthritis Care.”

The RMS 10th Birthday Car Show is not to be missed! The show opens at 1.30pm on Sunday 21 August at Junction One, and all spectators are welcome. Directions to the venue can be found online at www.junctionone.co.uk.

Thanks folks and not long now

GC and all at RMS

Keep checking back for more updates ;)

Hammath

RMS Regular
Drives
Sc3n3 Civic.
Ill be there too im sure (y)

Should be a good day!

I hope theres a load of jon4424324 protestors with banners and such at the entrance.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I'll deffo be at this, we should get t-shirts made with our user names so we can identify each other lol.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Ill be there too im sure (y)

Should be a good day!

I hope theres a load of jon4424324 protestors with banners and such at the entrance.

No nonsense ^o) All people from all websites are very much welcome. An event for everyone.

Andy

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Good idea that, having a RMS show!!

Yeah it has been a good lot of months in the pipeline and finally all the challenges have been sealed to allow it to happen, should be a good day out

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
email me with the details of the mg part please mate as thats where i will be noting all stands from

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Excellent, i'll be there!! Is the date definite then, as i'm going to be cutting my trip to Father Teds house short to get back for this lol.

Could even have an MX5 section as there's that many on the site now :p

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Folks, if you are members of clubs and other forums could you please repost :grinning:

I'll be bringing the S14.

Andy

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Gav, date is signed and sealed my friend :grinning:

Earny, make it a deadline for the 1275 ;)

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Gav, date is signed and sealed my friend :grinning:

Earny, make it a deadline for the 1275 ;)

Good stuff Graham, i'll be at this for sure! Just wanted to be sure before i go and cancel anything down Father Teds way (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.