RMS drive- 4th August

Most popular route

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

e320mark

RMS Regular
Sounds like a great day out! Wish I could go, promised the young lad I would watch the F1 race with him & don’t want to let him down!

Boksic

RMS Regular
I'm a bit late to the game here lads, but just my 2 cents..

The road up from carnlough to martinstown is a decent enough road, countryside views nice etc, but slow enough for not great gain depending how much of your Sunday you're giving up.

And also Glenaan road that heads up over Orra mountain heading towards Armoy etc, although a fantastic road to drive hard on with class views, if you don't know the width of your own car - meeting someone might make for squeeky bum time (that's aimed at the city slickers), but more importantly, a load of weeks ago there they put down a layer of stones over it the whole way to help fill potholes etc so if there's any of you afraid of a stonechip or potentially a bit of sliding about then just be aware 👍 Grand surface for a transit van, not so great for a lowered/pimped out/slicked anything!

Oh, and if any of you are interested, heart of the glens festival has started this weekend and there is a massive lorry parade comes through the town, which leaves the road through cushendall and out to cushendun at a standstill for a while!
Great show though and A LOT of fancy trucks come from all over the place to it.
Can't remember it's time, maybe 1 o'clock, but just so yous are aware 👍

@Cro I'm sure you can spread that among whoever needs to know

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Think RV at glenariff for any that have split up so far, imagine aim for around 1pm departing there

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
A few of us at the back got split off.

Has the main convoy been through Cargan yet @Eager?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Nice to meet a few of you! I had to shoot off towards Ballymena as me ma was making steak! Glenariff never sounded so good.
received_642634822892324.jpeg

dmcmsn

RMS Regular
Drives
GolfRDSG
Whoever done the route planning did a cracking job. Some of the nicest roads I’ve ever been up and through places I never even knew existed lol. Great bunch of lads.

Big thanks to Jamie as well for opening up the garage as well to give us our final stop off!

Looking forward to the next one again

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Was a brilliant drive, as said already some very nice roads, and some exceptional noises to be heard! Look forward to the next one.

Was actually glad some of the roads weren't smooth as I had an EML show up 😑 so couldn't really hammer on at full chat non stop. Think it's a simple fix but will find out Tuesday.

Hallidays is honestly a seriously impressive setup, so thank you to Jamie! I'm glad to have had a Frenchie with me as I didn't know what the van inside was. He was in his element!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Did have a ‘what’s that noise’ moment pulling into my driveway, anyone that’s ever had anything well modified will know what I mean, after a decent run out.
Thankfully just something blowing about the driveway. Lol

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Im glad i decided to do this last minute! A great selection of cars and good to meet some members! Some great bits of road as well, following Chris in the z3 was super fun!

Attachments

• 20190804_125456.jpg
    20190804_125456.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 240
Last edited: