RMS drive- 4th August

Most popular route

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Great run up to Bushmills - roads through the Forrest from Glenariff where good fun, especially in that weather.

Cheers for opening up @JamieG95

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Really good run today. That last stage was brilliant though I had a few “moments” trying to keep up with @quattro Rick that thing can shift for something that size.

Thanks to @Cro for organising that

I knew I could chuck it about a fair bit on roads I'd be familiar with, but I'm glad to see it handled as well going round those Twisties I'd not been on before.

My passenger and I were actually discussing this on the way to Jamie's, so long as I don't have my foot on the accelerator going round corners or feathering the throttle she doesn't aim for the hedge 😂

Gives me a bit of relief as now I'm thinking it'll handle itself on the ring quite well, thanks to @gav525 putting the notion in my head haha

Roads from glenariff onwards were absolutely superb, great craic.
Cheers for opening up Jamie!

Forgot to mention the great job you did at arranging everything!! Really was a great run, minus the few hiccups after applegreen this morning haha

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Great day today. Really fell in love with the M Coupe all over again, it’s such a good laugh when you push it.
Thanks for organising the route @Cro, the roads where epic. And thanks to @JamieG95 for opening up the dealership again. I look forward to seeing the turn table pictures.

When’s the next one!!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Was a great day, some awesome driving, really was loving the civic on the road I took getting to Glenariff forest, will be running that one again. Was having trouble keeping up on the one of the narrow mountain back roads, just too bumpy for my car, was worried about bottoming out the manifold, which I did once but not too hard. All the other roads were perfect and really fast progress could be made using 3rd and 4th gears all below 5000rpm, accelerate, brake, turn, accelerate, repeat, great fun. The AD08Rs were awesome, so glad I changed to these.

Was nice looking around some awesome cars and talking with people who love to drive as much as me.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Only half decent pic I took! What a great day out!

59CDC9A1-FB34-47FF-9400-CA8AE71F0427.jpeg

bill

Banned
God willing and if i ever get a car for myself i would love to go to next years run. Looked a great day out and i hope everyone got home safe and enjoyed every minute.

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
Guys, too many people in here worrying about what car they have or wishing they had to come on a run like this.

Sh*t it's great to have a goal, you should definitely have a desire to get somewhere/something better... that keeps you improving and striving

Don't be worrying about 'keeping up with the joneses' or giving yourself a hard time for the car you have or thinking its not good enough to come to one of our events like this. It definitely isn't a show and shine event, anything would have fit in yesterday

If you have A car, class fair play, some haven't hit that goal yet. If you want a different car, class, push for it and enjoy it. Along the way come and meet some more headers off the site, no matter what you're currently in you would have enjoyed most of the roads yesterday and maybe had some craic on the way

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Guys, too many people in here worrying about what car they have or wishing they had to come on a run like this.

Sh*t it's great to have a goal, you should definitely have a desire to get somewhere/something better... that keeps you improving and striving

Don't be worrying about 'keeping up with the joneses' or giving yourself a hard time for the car you have or thinking its not good enough to come to one of our events like this. It definitely isn't a show and shine event, anything would have fit in yesterday

If you have A car, class fair play, some haven't hit that goal yet. If you want a different car, class, push for it and enjoy it. Along the way come and meet some more headers off the site, no matter what you're currently in you would have enjoyed most of the roads yesterday and maybe had some craic on the way

Get another arranged for September, wee end of year one?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Hope it was good. I was shattered after a 550 Miles drive, and not getting home until 3am saturday night after coming off the stena line and going kebab hunting.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Was thinking on way home, why not time it for a evening dash out ? 7pm Sunday night type thing. If something else is on cards. Either works for me but I know I like a evening run and that was typical of what we all likely used to get up to on a Sunday evening too.