RMS drive- 4th August

Most popular route

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Another option would be down the Ards peninsula, across the Lough then coast road to Newcastle for yous? Then home via Kilkeel and Spelga/Hilltown etc.

Done that route a few time and loved it!!

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
I do agree the coast road has been done to death and is always usually busy anyway and with so many of us we basically shut down anywhere we stop.

Some good suggestions so far, keep them coming. I'll start a poll in a couple of days when the suggestions have dried up.

So far included will probably be:
- A north coast variation (not the usual coast road)
- Peninsula route (we did this many many years ago and people had issues getting some cars onto the ferry)
- Mourne route

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Mourne Route is bound to be the best, Peninsula is about 20 minutes down and back, the ferry is a bollocks because we'll get split up.

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
I was through Glenveagh and down into Dunlewey then Bunbeg a few weeks ago. Sure the jaunt towards it is a slog but it's got stunning scenery and great roads.

Looks class. A 'Euro' aka over the border run has to be on the cards for the more committed day outers amongst us. I just drove through the wicklow mountains for the past 4 days in a minibus and it needs to be done in a car for sure

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Looks class. A 'Euro' aka over the border run has to be on the cards for the more committed day outers amongst us. I just drove through the wicklow mountains for the past 4 days in a minibus and it needs to be done in a car for sure

There was talk of a South run a while back, Wicklow mountains are phenomenal, the roads around Rathdrum are class!

I've only ever seen 1 LFA in real life and it was there, the owner mounted the kerb to avoid scuffing the wheels as I had the truck parked taking up a fair bit of the road lol

Also accidentally went down a few of the non hgv appropriate roads, and thought "wow the scenery is brilliant, I'm glad I took this road" lmfao

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
That Subaru run looks the business id be up for that failing that id be up for the spelga run.

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Another vote for the Mourne route here, BBQ at the top car park in Kilbroney?

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Would be interested in coming along where do u normally start from

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Was a lot up for doing that run to Fermanagh before it sadly was cancelled. There’s a fairly mundane run to get on to the coast road for a lot too. But wherever suits most.
Thanks Trev and yes it was shaping up well before what happened.
I could still do something maybe towards the end of the summer if there was a thirst for it but let’s let @Cro sort this run first as to be fair he’s good at it and not many want to take on the hassle of doing these.

Personally the way I am this year, if I’m at home on the day and not away working I’ll be there, but honestly I really couldn’t be bothered if its up the coast road again 🤦‍♂️ By the time I drive the two hrs up the road doing that run just doesn’t float my boat anymore.

I’d be well up for a ‘proper’ longer run somewhere different, maybe over the border or something?

I’d also be well up for a mini run over a night or two be it somewhere nice down south or maybe we could get a deal on the ferry to bonnie Scotland ?

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
M3
I’m up for a run somewhere!

If you guys want to run up the North Coast again I’m more than happy to open up the garage in Bushmills again and use it as a stop off.

Another option is Glenarm Castle? Some fantastic roads around it whether coming from the coast or Ballymena direction. I run a few events round there throughout the year and I’m sure they’d be happy to get involved?

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
Created a poll for people to get voting

@chris_b If stena come back to Cooper with a deal a Scottish run would definitely be a goer. Failing that something down south, even a Wild Atlantic Way run would be class. If it didn't suit the masses on this occasion, i'd say you could get a decent crowd of members who would be up for a couple days long run at some other stage.

Let me know if there are any other routes people would like included in the options