RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
@gsmith Where did you get the tiles? Probably been answered before
I really don't want to paint my floor for fear of the paint lifting when parking a wet car in it but feel I need to do something

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
@gsmith Where did you get the tiles? Probably been answered before
I really don't want to paint my floor for fear of the paint lifting when parking a wet car in it but feel I need to do something

That’s exactly why I want the tiles, my floor has been painted a few times but keeps lifting because of driving in and out.

gsmith

RMS Regular
That’s them dead on so far. Have had a few cars over them in and out around 10 times so far and all good. Makes working in the garage nicer can lean on the ground. All I need now is some ideas on how to heat it for the winter.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
EE000193-737A-4512-BCC1-9BC9C09502DD.jpeg

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Thats class, very professional looking space.
Thanks, I've been building it for years now and invested alot into it. Really proud of how its turned out. Will have 3 signs up tomorrow evening and then a good clean! Down the line I will get proper floor tiles in but they are very expensive over the area for good ones

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
How do you guys seal the top of the roller shutter to the head?
I've a 2" gap at the top on the outside. I was looking to use something along the lines of a bus or lorry anti-spray brush so the door could move past it without damaging the surface.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
You get a brush seal draft excluder for the job. Just screw it up. I got mine from the same place that sold me the door, but it's years ago and now closed down. Got to be easy to get hold of.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
As said, brush seal. I got a couple of cheap ones from B&Q and screwed them to a piece of 4 x 1 which I had screwed up into the head. My door has square section corrugations in it so I had to space the brushes down so they were sitting on a peak and not a trough as it were.

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
@Ged What way does planning etc work for a bigger shed?

You can use the planning portal to work it out its complicated depending on youre use, but for residential this guide list out the basic rules for a shed without planning anything after is straight foward application.

Home owners: Outbuildings and structures | Planning Portal

Prices some benches there almost sh**e myself at the cost of a semi decent bench, so i took some left over shelving racking and made myself some 8ft benches one slightly higher than the other for putting the tool boxes under.

DSC_2048.JPG
DSC_2049.JPG

Hopefully get to the end of the shed project in the next few weeks fingers crossed, im broke as it is and keep thinking of new ways to organise things lol

-Ged

Robber

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiats mainly
Been going back through this thread to look at metal sheds.

There seems to be two types of frame, cee-channel or box-section. Anyone able to advise on which is best for a bigger size (10mx8m).

Each company says their method is the best, obviously.

I think the cee-channel looks the better, but have been told that it might not last as long as there is greater likelihood of movement over time in the way it is bolted together.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
That looks great! I’ve the same lift, mind me asking where to got the black ramps either side of the on off? I’ve the same issue with getting the blocks in on a low car.

Where they expensive?
I got the lift and ramps from Down Garage Equipment, The ramps were £250 +Vat
You could probably use wood,