C63 / Emira
Simple things that please my OCD

93A9BA4B-83CD-4E3F-8C1E-66DBD947C062.jpeg

37A51006-B5DA-4CAD-BE86-19C3971B3C62.jpeg

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Has anybody any recommendations for someone who can put down some self leveling screed onto a garage floor and covered Newtownabbey area? Any rough ideas of price for typical single garage?

Lee

RMS Regular
Thought I'd put up some pics of what I've been at over the last while. I bought a house a while back and have been working my way round it to bring the place up to scratch. Fixing the outhouses was one of the things that needed attention.

Obviously if you were building you wouldn't lay it out like this but it is what it is and I wanted to give them a bit of a refurb. The doors were rotten including the big side gate. The roof was leaking as they were the short (5ft?) lengths of tin with a join in the middle and the joists were also rotten. So heres a few before pics. Pretty self explanatory, a lot of powerwashing done to the tar and to the walls to remove as much of the layers of old boast paint as I could.

Snapchat-766802392.jpg

I took buckets upon buckets of sludge off the tar as I worked my way down the yard. And that was even after scraping all the moss off beforehand.

Snapchat-635953984.jpg

You can see on the bottom outhouse along the row down the side, the roof was strangely sloped in the opposite direction to the others. This was remedied to make it slope in line with the others.

Snapchat-375686834.jpg

So then my uncle set to work.

20190712_192141.jpg

20190712_190815.jpg

20190712_191215.jpg

All doors made nice and chunky to last.

20190712_190839.jpg

New gate made for the top of the yard to replace the big old rotten one. Galvanised frame with fencing boards either side, staggered.

20190712_190704.jpg

Also got the front face of the bottom shed replastered as it was looking a bit ropey and breaking up. And got the inside of the outhouses plastered as they were just bare block beforehand.

Lee

RMS Regular
I keep forgetting things but also replaced a few of the broken windows and all new guttering. 3 coats of paint, about 15-20 litres

Lee

RMS Regular
Thanks @Artoir it cost a few quid but worthwile now its finished.

More in keeping with the thread I done up my garage aswell but no before pics. Nothing drastic but it just needed tlc and it had two big ancient wooden doors that you could have kicked open. These were replaced with a roller door and the reveal plastered in.

Inside the garage I have it a fresh lick of white, and then gloss grey half way up from the floor. Floor done with Leyland floor paint. Two LED battens fitted and a double socket each side.

Snapchat-1446046555.jpg

Snapchat-1308075850.jpg

Snapchat-1260018625.jpg

Snapchat-471087518.jpg

Lee

RMS Regular
Nice spaces. Should be nice and dry now too!! Top work

Thanks, only problem now is condensation on the underside of the roof down along the outhouses at the side of the yard in colder weather. Need a solution

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Thanks, only problem now is condensation on the underside of the roof down along the outhouses at the side of the yard in colder weather. Need a solution
What about the spray insulation
Or if not kingspan sheets or insulated plasterboard. Expensive tho!

Reactions: Lee

Lee

RMS Regular
What about the spray insulation
Or if not kingspan sheets or insulated plasterboard. Expensive tho!

Quite like the sound of the spray stuff instead of arsing about cutting sheets but will have to look into it. For me its just to stop the condensation, not bothered about heat