RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Where's a good place to purchase them from and are they easy enough to connect up and attach?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Any electrical supply place such as CEW, CEF or screwfix. Easy to install if you know about wiring

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Thanks for the info.
What wattage would you suggest for say 3 off lights in a single car garage.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Thanks for the info.
What wattage would you suggest for say 3 off lights in a single car garage.
Wouldn’t be sure to be honest. Take a look at screwfix and see what is available in 5’ battens and take a guess. Google may advise somewhere too

eamon343

RMS Regular

I have that, one is just OK, id say three of them would be a good job.

IMG_20190227_191209_resized_20190913_041448544.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I run the LAP LED battens from Screwfix in my garage. Very bright. There is a huge range of lumen ratings on them just go for as many as you can.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Go into your local CEF tell them your size of space and they can recommend how many would suit your needs.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Would a 6x4m garage be suitable to work around 1 car? Work as in cleaning/polishing and the odd bit of servicing. Limited in space and not sure if it's even worth the hassle.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Trying out an idea for flooring for my garage, bought 1 roll for now to see what it was like and the quality.

Totally not on for painting the floor, I dont think the tiles work well for manourving cars on so thought I'd give this a try plus it's easily cleaned.

1.6mx4m 4mm thick, just need another 9 rolls to fill my space lol

IMG_20190925_134352.jpg

IMG_20190925_153916.jpg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Regards the post above:

The smell of rubber....... Does it die down after a while?? quite a powerfull smell of this 1 roll and I think I need 10 rolls in total

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Possibly, I’ve been in some places that has rubber matting down and it’s been there for a long time, tbh it depends on the weather too, I’ve found that it can get quite strong in warm weather!