RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Got myself a bike ramp yesterday, now the belly pan will be clean on a whole other level.lol
20191012_132101.jpg

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
any reason you wouldn't go for a cow shed style building? just thinking from a cost and time perspective of getting a low level of bricks in and then sheeting the upper section then just build a mezzanine inside? or is it more about the aesthetic? I'd be going for as big as possible

I wanted it built to match the house rather than a shed. It’ll have a fully useable upstairs in it aswell (man cave)’

Later down the line I might built a smaller workshop with a ramp over in the corner out of the way.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Love it, so much space around the bike aswell. Where did you get the JR fleg.

Cheers, I work with Alan Patterson, he's good friends with Jonathan and also does most of his merchandise. You'll get it on RPM motorsport merchandise on facebook and ebay. Or if you're handy to Rea distribution in Antrim I think Alan has a shop open in one of Johnny senior's units

Still annoyed for not buying this bloody thing myself :joy::joy:

I'm glad you didn't, I haven't seen one in the same condition for the price I paid for it. They're all about £1k dearer than what I paid. You'd only have stuck straight bars and hand warmers on it anyhow. And prob a big sneeze guard screen.lol

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I'm glad you didn't, I haven't seen one in the same condition for the price I paid for it. They're all about £1k dearer than what I paid. You'd only stick straight bars and hand warmers on anyhow. And prob a big sneeze guard screen.lol
Yeah I'd have made a big comfy upright Tracer out of it :joy:

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
Cheers, I work with Alan Patterson, he's good friends with Jonathan and also does most of his merchandise. You'll get it on RPM motorsport merchandise on facebook and ebay. Or if you're handy to Rea distribution in Antrim I think Alan has a shop open in one of Johnny senior's units

I'm glad you didn't, I haven't seen one in the same condition for the price I paid for it. They're all about £1k dearer than what I paid. You'd only have stuck straight bars and hand warmers on it anyhow. And prob a big sneeze guard screen.lol

I used to live up the road from Alan, he was some pilot. Remember back in the day him and Dave Guiney ripping up and down testing their bikes, this was even when he was racing in the world championships lol

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Definitely feels way too big, but no doubt I'll fill it with crap.
Never too big. Mine is roughly 9.5x5.3 and its full of stuff, can't wait to get it extended to 7m, even thats not enough but its as much room a I have.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I want that close ,lol. I still live about 2 miles away from Billy, used to be round there fairly often, I remember Alan riding the race bike to my cousin and uncles houses, they were both road racers

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
Nice one, who are your uncles? Think it was open season up our road when they needed to test their bikes, gave me a mid-week fix waiting for the next road race :grinning: