RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Got a price for the brick and plastering for about 2 grand for 6x3m might have to measure it out and go for 4m not 100% yet

Id say if you have the space going out to 4m width would be ideal. Gives more room for access around the car, opening doors etc.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
2nddoor took longer to get done as barely got at it yesterday with other stuff going on.

but got it done today

B4FC3DB5-4B6F-4664-BBB6-FF9BC59C9CDA.jpeg

Chris0

RMS Regular
Anyone with a 6x3 or 6x4m garage any opinions on the size of the garage door or height?

I was just going standard 7x7 ft and 9ft height until I realised it's easy enough to pick and choose sizes. Is there much use making it higher for storage? Or is a wider door better suited?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'd go a bit wider myself. At least 8ft wide imo. Hight depends on whether you are going for a roller door or sectional. Well that and if you own a van or something large.
I'd go for 4m wide on the garage if you can as 3m is just 10ft so not much room to even open a door.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
What reason behind it if you don't mind me asking?
Just wish I'd built the door lintel about a block or two higher; My door is only 7ft and my ceiling only 8ft.
Used to have a poptop campervan, but it was an inch too high, even with half deflated tyres.
Open the taildoor on a 4x4, hits the door.
My whole garage is plenty tall with pitched roof and gable at the front, so I DID have the choice to make the door and ceiling higher.

You might struggle with a higher door if your gutter, not gable, is at the front.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That's what I was thinking too, 3 days and how much to do that?!!
Bloody class though.

Edit: A quick google suggests it would be the guts of a grand. :eek:
Still :cool:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The washer itself is £530 and a minimum of £66 for the high pressure reel depending on length. All the QD's and fittings, brackets etc have got to be another hundred or two so maybe you could get it together for around £700. Obviously, a cheaper washer would make a lot of difference but that would sort of defeat the object. That Kranzle yoke is very compact which is what he was going for.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Watched the video above and it linked another one from obsessed garage showed the same sort of set up but more professionally with metal brackets and shelving and two Di vessels running through it, definitely looked the part with it.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Next I want him to do a wall mounted shop vac with a big long roll up vacuum hose. That would be handy.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Nice set up alright but a drop of paint would have made that look way better. Those cars are way to close together to get I to and put of easily, they need to park them passenger side to passenger side. Parking the way they do is asking for door dings in my mind.