RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Shed cleaned out and wash down on the floor, leave it till tomorrow and then powerhose the place clean and let it dry and that’s it ready for paint

727A5B13-CE5D-46BA-AC8A-4D804A8D3DCA.jpeg
E6622577-7A20-4B59-A583-1683243CB2A3.jpeg

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Aye but it’ll last a life time, kranzle are unreal.

still wild money tho

Anything should last a long time if it’s only washing a car; be different if it was working all day long washing driveways or the likes. My money would be on something portable that would have many uses. Bet his can’t even reach all the way around the house..

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Anything should last a long time if it’s only washing a car; be different if it was working all day long washing driveways or the likes. My money would be on something portable that would have many uses. Bet his can’t even reach all the way around the house..
It would work all day, definitely bit overkill for what he uses for 😂

we have a kranzle, trolley type with 10m reel built in.
Fantastic...when are you taking bookings?

not for a while yet, still equipment to get, got compressor delivered last week, lift(s) ordered and should land in May but made in Italy so could be delayed a tad. Need spray booth and basically every tool 😂

This is the compressor
CE1D274E-1D66-43D4-8A86-5D41DF275DA1.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Awesome set up - hate coming into this thread as it just fills me full of regret buying a house in East Belfast instead of further out of the city with more space :worried:

PhilM

RMS Regular
OP
PhilM
Awesome set up - hate coming into this thread as it just fills me full of regret buying a house in East Belfast instead of further out of the city with more space :worried:

tell me about it - im dealing with a 1car garage @ a 3bed semi and its horrendous

1st W Probs i know.

Phil

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I have a garage but its tiny - use it as a utility room, gym and storage for essentials - future plan is to knock it down, rebuild and add in a second toilet with utility space as well as a small garage for my gym and storage.

PhilM

RMS Regular
OP
PhilM
Here's the latest on my work space, still need walls painted and flooring down but my bench and vice has been slotted in

Now just need a road worthy starlet parked up in there :grinning:

Phil
This workbench is now forsale.

Made in shorts from angle iron (see very first post in this thread for some further pics)

i paid 150 and sanded her back and hammerited it few years back

very heavy/sturdy item £100 collected

Phil

PAULW

RMS Regular
Hi Paul,
Very nice setup there - what are the holes for on the front wall just below the roofline?
Are you having an open fronted section to the RHS?
John

They're just holes from the insulation being pumped (blocks on flat on inside leaf so too hard to drill from inside). Right is open as seen and merely a car port

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
They're just holes from the insulation being pumped (blocks on flat on inside leaf so too hard to drill from inside). Right is open as seen and merely a car port

That’s my next step, insulation in the walls, roof and then upstairs floor screed ontop of the precast floor

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
The washer itself is £530 and a minimum of £66 for the high pressure reel depending on length. All the QD's and fittings, brackets etc have got to be another hundred or two so maybe you could get it together for around £700. Obviously, a cheaper washer would make a lot of difference but that would sort of defeat the object. That Kranzle yoke is very compact which is what he was going for.

was starting to wonder how he spent a grand, this sounds bit better tho still a lot

This is the kranzle we have, got from CleanTec good few years back.
39C4D895-D0C4-4007-B412-C8481A55FDF4.png

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Garage experts of RMS, I'm getting a list together of folk who build metal garages. If I miss any, let me.

• H2
  • Washingbay Sheds
  • Steeltech
  • Abtech
  • Quality Steel Buildings
  • Tonagh Engineering
  • Hi-Tech
  • Clonoe Custom Sheds
Also, specifically to folk who have purchased a metal shed, which extras could you not live without? Wouldn't like to fork out money and forget something.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Garage experts of RMS, I'm getting a list together of folk who build metal garages. If I miss any, let me.

• H2
  • Washingbay Sheds
  • Steeltech
  • Abtech
  • Tonagh Engineering
  • Hi-Tech
  • Clonoe Custom Sheds
Also, specifically to folk who have purchased a metal shed, which extras could you not live without? Wouldn't like to fork out money and forget something.
Try north Antrim steelworks.
Although they very busy.

I keep blaring on about insulated panels.
I'm so glad I specced my shed with those.
Roof lights are invaluable too. Actually help with internal temp in the winter. And plenty of light during the day.

Filler pieces on the eaves at the peak help with draughts.

One thing I wish I'd done is to put a gulley where you park the car with a slight fall towards it. Then if you put car in soaking wet, the floor wont get puddles

MarkM

RMS Regular

• H2
  • Washingbay Sheds
  • Steeltech
  • Abtech
  • Tonagh Engineering
  • Hi-Tech
  • Clonoe Custom Sheds

I got a price from Steel Tech sheds in Ballymena, 6x10m with one door and a small sliding door for a mower,...£10k plus £2k for the base, must think I was born yesterday ffs :mad:

Reactions: dub

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
One of the first prices I got for my block built garage extension was £25k. It is effectively a roof over the drive beside the house and in front of the existing garage so 1 gable wall, 1 wall with a large hole in it for the door, a roof and a floor. I called him on it and to be fair, he had just done it on square footage and not taken into account the fact that it was only two walls etc, so he dropped the price to £15k. At that point, I didn't trust him and did it myself with contractors where required for £10K. Took bloody ages though and I wish I had been able to get someone I could trust to do it. (9m x 6m)

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Try north Antrim steelworks.
Although they very busy.

I keep blaring on about insulated panels.
I'm so glad I specced my shed with those.
Roof lights are invaluable too. Actually help with internal temp in the winter. And plenty of light during the day.

Filler pieces on the eaves at the peak help with draughts.

One thing I wish I'd done is to put a gulley where you park the car with a slight fall towards it. Then if you put car in soaking wet, the floor wont get puddles

Great post, thanks for the tips @thefool1983, on the point of insulation that'd be the 1st thing I'd do after installation.

I got a price from Steel Tech sheds in Ballymena, 6x10m with one door and a small sliding door for a mower,...£10k plus £2k for the base, must think I was born yesterday ffs :mad:

Quickly jumped on their site before posting this earlier, they must be mad with those prices. Double what other places are asking.
One of the first prices I got for my block built garage extension was £25k. It is effectively a roof over the drive beside the house and in front of the existing garage so 1 gable wall, 1 wall with a large hole in it for the door, a roof and a floor. I called him on it and to be fair, he had just done it on square footage and not taken into account the fact that it was only two walls etc, so he dropped the price to £15k. At that point, I didn't trust him and did it myself with contractors where required for £10K. Took bloody ages though and I wish I had been able to get someone I could trust to do it. (9m x 6m)

The scary thing is there's folk out there that would take his first quote and think nothing of it.

-Pete-

RMS Regular

not for a while yet, still equipment to get, got compressor delivered last week, lift(s) ordered and should land in May but made in Italy so could be delayed a tad. Need spray booth and basically every tool 😂

This is the compressor
View attachment 272861

what sort of money are you talking for that? I had been speccing compressors recently for the house and have my eye on one from dennis wilsons but that looks some job with the dual motors. 200litre tank?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
what sort of money are you talking for that? I had been speccing compressors recently for the house and have my eye on one from dennis wilsons but that looks some job with the dual motors. 200litre tank?
What are you going to be using it for? Duel motors/pumps would be over kill for home use lol

ilovequo

RMS Regular
£20/sqft? Doesnt sound terrible to be honest assuming theyre doing groundworks and the shed is reasonable spec...

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155

This is the compressor
View attachment 272861
Class, seriously expensive game setting up your own outfit. Hope you get it sorted soon. (y)

MarkM

RMS Regular
£20/sqft? Doesnt sound terrible to be honest assuming theyre doing groundworks and the shed is reasonable spec...

As said above it’s double what all the other steel building people are charging, they are good quality, also £2k for a concrete base that isn’t even power floated it trying to wipe my eye imo