RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Unfortunately not finished as they had an issue with power which I’ll need to sort but there’s the idea.

BAB28A8E-1A7D-48E5-AD5E-9AC5E8834669.jpeg
B5261034-AEF8-4C10-8A67-BF513D989DDA.jpeg

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I want to get min sorted this year too, pain in the ass having to go to the house when your working on something.

I left all the pipework and everything under the stairs , will be tight enough but will do the job. Ended up loosing about 1200 off the garage because of the stairs.

If i was to do it again i would put an external staircase at the gable and keep it separate as its the wifes salon anyway.

I had thought about stairs outside but it wouldn’t really suit the style of the house etc so I added a bit onto the length lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Any idea of cost of that two post and where to buy? Cheers
It’s an 3.5ton EAE Lift, bought through Tyre Care, was just shy of £2000 I think. But that was back in February/March when we ordered it. Wouldn’t normally take that long to get but Covid slowed them down.

whats going in the other hole @weeloaney ?

I deffo think ill go a scissor lift when the time comes!

Plans are for a spray booth to go in that corner so that would be a pit with a pipe going outside for floor extraction

scissors are great, very handy and will work for 99% of mechanical jobs

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R

MarkM

RMS Regular
Looks well @MarkM. You've probably mentioned it already, but I've missed it, sorry, but who laid the concrete base for you? Did they do the ground prep and trench work as well? We've just agreed on a property but it has no garages so I'm going to go the same route as you, with a space for washing cars in front of the shed.

Ah unfortunately I won’t be passing him onto anyone, sorry! Great job but the extras like the trench for electrics and reinstating the ground around it even though I told them I would do that, they absolutely robbed me for :mad::mad::mad: Really unhappy with them and had more work down the line but now not for them!!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Ah unfortunately I won’t be passing him onto anyone, sorry! Great job but the extras like the trench for electrics and reinstating the ground around it even though I told them I would do that, they absolutely robbed me for :mad::mad::mad: Really unhappy with them and had more work down the line but now not for them!!
Bad news Mark but hopefully once the garage is up you can put it behind you.

corsacj

RMS Regular
Some serious shed builds happening on here!

Me and the Mrs were on a hunt for a rental with a decent workspace, close as possible to Belfast centre, struck gold and move in next week :grinning:
& at the price I'd be happy if the house wasn't included...

1594797272293.png

Step 1. Remove dead boat from roof :joy:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Finally after being in the house for 7 years i'm putting in a H2 Garage :grinning:
24x12 to include an office for home working as i seem to only do that now.

Today starts the ground work and a bit of a change for the back garden too. Old shed is staying for Mower and bikes and stuff.
1594845948693.png

1594845980789.png

1594845999958.png

1594846034426.png

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf

Chris0

RMS Regular
Anyone know other suppliers that provide rendering other that Abtech and H2? Or a seperate company that could render a steel garage once built

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
What's happening the old 2 poster? Is it fecked or for sale?
Just seen you tried to message me. Will clear the inbox.

but it’s partly cut now,we wouldn’t sell it, it could be 20yrs old and it’s the old screw type. But also the motor give up on it and we left it with a fella to fix like 2 years ago And he’s never brought it back. Hoping he brings it back fixed now, he’ll be told where to go.
The strong square posts we discussed would make perfect gate posts 😂