RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Put it up same time as the house so about 4 years roughly .

Should of done it at the tome but funds were tight enough so said if I wanted to I could always extend

want it for doing rough work really , cutting timber making bits and bobs , garden equipment storage and then the child’s mountain of toys can be stored in there too. But leaving it deep enough for an emergency car space 😉

seanmooney

RMS Regular
got the foundation dug this morning . My 3 days off this week turned crap as the boss’s called me to see could I come in. The joys
4C2AE9C2-EACD-47A6-83D8-83D4463C42B8.jpeg

hoping to get concrete on Monday

Wife hates me as our wee girl loves any sort of diggers, tractors and machinery 😂
9993DCC9-C3EC-4987-9ADC-2DE6530E094C.jpeg

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Since getting a garden shed recently i've finally been able to clear out all the non car stuff from the garage, there is enough space now to freely walk around the car should make life easier.

Still need to sort a bench will have to see what my options are - maybe one thats on a piano hinge that can drop down flush with the wall when not in use

IMG_20200905_172651.jpg
IMG_20200905_172625.jpg
IMG_20200905_172620.jpg
IMG_20200905_172613.jpg
IMG_20200905_172446.jpg
IMG_20200905_172433.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Folding bench against the wall under the shelving or move the toolbox and rack over there and put a fixed one in with the washing machine below it.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Folding bench against the wall under the shelving or move the toolbox and rack over there and put a fixed one in with the washing machine below it.

i think that is looking like the most sensible option at the minute!

Chris0

RMS Regular
Anyone got a 6’10 roller door? Is it pish or fine for using with the car? I’m tall so I just fancied a higher door but might not be an option at the minute

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Well atm I don’t recommend painting.
Why’s that? You having problems?
I’m painting walls at the minute and hoping to paint floor before winter...
I know it’s been covered before but any recommendations for floor paint? (Red)
Floor is floated and down c10 years - no dust issues but fair few stains on it

Last edited:

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Coming on well @Q.S Gav ! What size is the garage ?

Internal dimensions are 11 meters x 7 meters. There is a covered porch at the front corner though, for access into house and garage, which nips a bit of space.

The rear cavity wall built there is 14.3 meters long, but in the side near the house, we added a boot room and a staircase for access to an office above the garage, so that reduced the garage width internally to 11 meters.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Anyone got a 6’10 roller door? Is it pish or fine for using with the car? I’m tall so I just fancied a higher door but might not be an option at the minute

That’s grand. That’s 2080mm and a tall jeep is circa 1850mm.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yeah don’t really want to go down that route. If I did tho I’d get the company in to do it professionally
Be good idea, wish I did. Then anything that goes wrong can be completely put in them.

Why’s that? You having problems?
I’m painting walls at the minute and hoping to paint floor before winter...
I know it’s been covered before but any recommendations for floor paint? (Red)
Floor is floated and down c10 years - no dust issues but fair few stains on it

Mine hasn’t hardened, definitely mixed right tho as I don’t that every day at work.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Be good idea, wish I did. Then anything that goes wrong can be completely put in them.

Mine hasn’t hardened, definitely mixed right tho as I don’t that every day at work.

We got an epoxy floor in work and it’s been great for a few years even with an 11ton forklift driving over it