RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Bought this shelving unit in B&Q, was originally planning on screwing rails and shelves to the wall but really impressed with this and it has drawers under the shelves aswell. Being plastic it won’t rust either like the metal ones of chemicals spill onto it.

So was finally able to get round to sorting the cleaning products out.

Not sure what if anything I’m missing from @Big Pimp range tho 😂

E0058567-6ABE-4864-99BA-87F7AABACD38.jpeg

Last edited:

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
I've one of those rubber strips (7ft I think) that I bought but won't work with my wooden doors, was £30 ish on eBay/Amazon, £20 to whoever wants it.

Deleted member 23441

D
Bought this shelving unit in B&Q, was originally planning on screwing rails and shelves to the wall but really impressed with this and it has drawers under the shelves aswell. Being plastic it won’t rust either like the metal ones of chemicals spill onto it.

So was finally able to get round to sorting the cleaning products out.

Not sure what if anything I’m missing from @Big Pimp range tho 😂

View attachment 309264
Haha think your about to run out of clearview better get an order in lol

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
New boiler going in tomorrow or Friday so thought while the corner was cleared I'd get some more paint slapped up and finish undercoating the doors. Spark booked for next week (a month after he was coming back at the end of the week) to stick more sockets on the back wall and tidy up a feed for the storage shed that fingers crossed will be up in the next month. Ordered some new tool cabinets today ready for the big remodeling.
IMG_20210118_222649.jpg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Had the same problem with our current garage door & water getting under. Rubber strip solved it straight away, great job.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
IMG_20210119_090014.jpg

My garage has the step, builder sorted it when building the garage, never any issues with it. Id say its about 15mm.

Them strips are a great job if its an existing garage, never knew there was a product like that, is it glued down?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Yeah, comes with a tube something similar to tech 7/windscreen bond. I wouldnt like to be removing it lol

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Anyone know where/if you can buy steel drain channel lid to replace the plastic. I think the code on this stuff is mufle 100.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Anyone know where/if you can buy steel drain channel lid to replace the plastic. I think the code on this stuff is mufle 100.
McMahon building supplies sell it. I’m sure other ones will as well.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Has anybody a good solution on how to store children's bikes in their garage?

I made this;

Post in thread 'RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage'
RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

It served us well but the new bike wheel is too big and I actually just dismantled it last night.

I’ve ordered 2 of these and just waiting for them to arrive:

Relaxdays Rotatable Bicycle Stand for all Bikes Wall-Mount Rotating Bike Holder for 1 Bicycle made of Galvanized Steel, 32.5 x 9 x 28.5 cm, Silver Amazon product ASIN B0076JEH2U
Or this sort of thing if you are tight for floor space.

WINWEND Bike Wall Mounts with Tire Tray - 2 Pack Bike Rack Vertical Bike Wall Hanger for Garage Home Indoor Bike Storage Amazon product ASIN B08FC2XJZ4

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Or this sort of thing if you are tight for floor space.

WINWEND Bike Wall Mounts with Tire Tray - 2 Pack Bike Rack Vertical Bike Wall Hanger for Garage Home Indoor Bike Storage Amazon product ASIN B08FC2XJZ4

Have a version of these for one of the bikes. good job as you can almost fold the bike flat against the wall

My problem now is too many bikes & no wall or floor space left

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Anyone put a toilet cubicle like these in their garage? The father in law is looking to put one in. Anywhere that I could buy a kit with hinges, lock etc or anyone here work with this stuff.
Screenshot_20210119_131820_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210119_131842_com.android.chrome.jpg

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Try making contact with a fitout company that will be ripping out old ones and "dumping" them. Could get one for feck all. Give it a good cleaning and it would be grand.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Try making contact with a fitout company that will be ripping out old ones and "dumping" them. Could get one for feck all. Give it a good cleaning and it would be grand.
Good call, do you know of any companies that do it in NI

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
I was in touch with hpl24 and they have the parts on their site quite cheap too but wanted a bank transfer when I went to order, different address on quotation to their registered address too. Tried calling but rang out.