RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Depnding how fussy you are and how much block you want to paint it could be worth spraying...
You wont brush that and even a deep pile roller will struggle to fill all indentations with paint
100%, wouldn't entertain painting a block wall with anything other than a sprayer

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
A quick bit of shelving thrown up today, had the boxes a while.
IMG_20210225_122038.jpg

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Gumtree, a local company was clearing them out, £6 each, good strong boxes, stackable too.

Reactions: dub

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So a little over a week, this is where we are up to.
DSC_0756.JPG

DSC_0757.JPG

DSC_0754.JPG

I spoke to Clonoe sheds on Saturday about a 8x6m garage and I'm just waiting on the plans coming through. The groundwork guy has a concrete guy sorted for the base who offered powerfloating without being prompted.

The garage will be going where the machinery is sat in the photos and the bit to the right of that will be a raised patio.

The drainage trench has already been done (seen back right of the garage space in photos above) so hopefully no more soggy garden.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
So a little over a week, this is where we are up to.
View attachment 313591
View attachment 313592

View attachment 313593
I spoke to Clonoe sheds on Saturday about a 8x6m garage and I'm just waiting on the plans coming through. The groundwork guy has a concrete guy sorted for the base who offered powerfloating without being prompted.

The garage will be going where the machinery is sat in the photos and the bit to the right of that will be a raised patio.

The drainage trench has already been done (seen back right of the garage space in photos above) so hopefully no more soggy garden.
Looks the part!
Bet you glad you got someone in to do it..
I done something similar myself and it near killed me!

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
A great stage to be at.

I would imagine there was some amount of water coming down off that slope.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Looks the part!
Bet you glad you got someone in to do it..
I done something similar myself and it near killed me!
Definitely. It wouldn't be anywhere as tidy as it is now if I did it myself. In hindsight I probably should have looked at houses with perhaps more level ground to begin with but we would probably be still looking if that was the case.
A great stage to be at.

I would imagine there was some amount of water coming down off that slope.
There was. The back lawn was saturated with water, it was like a bog for days after a shower. Even just today it's firmer to walk on so I'm hoping that's it sorted now.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Anyone here with deep sink in their garage? Adding a sink but was wondering if I should go for a deep one I can fill wash buckets in also. Just looking some inspiration :heart_eyes:

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
I just measured up how much worktop I had to play with and went for a cheapo stainless sink from ebay. Seems spot on so far, good depth for buckets and easy cleaned. The flexible tap makes things much easier too. Best pic I've got atm:

20190119_132242.jpg

That reminds me - meant to put a bit of wood in front of it to tidy it up. I may add it to the list lol.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
The flexi tap is a good idea, reduces need for overly deep sink to fit under fixed tap. Stainless would be my preference for the garage.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
I need to learn to make more use of the available space - don't think I have enough stuff yet.......

Attachments

• 100_0068.JPG
    100_0068.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_0069.JPG
    100_0069.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_0070.JPG
    100_0070.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 149

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
The groundwork guy has a concrete guy sorted for the base who offered powerfloating without being prompted.

I envy you. Fellas I'm using aren't 100% happy doing it, understandable, but finding someone who will & is easily reachable seems to be tough.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I envy you. Fellas I'm using aren't 100% happy doing it, understandable, but finding someone who will & is easily reachable seems to be tough.
You could rent a float and do it yourself. It's not the hardest thing to do, just a bit boring.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
You could rent a float and do it yourself. It's not the hardest thing to do, just a bit boring.

Powerfloating is one of those tasks that looks relatively easy. The actual process seems easy. Its the timing of knowing when to do it and how much to do it which an experienced man gets paid the money for. Money well spent IMO.
I try my hand at most things but between that and plastering I just get the wallet out lol

When you are forking out the guts of £1k for concrete its not something you would want to **** up. You only get one chance at it!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Can anyone advise on what's the best way to finish concrete block walls? I'm looking to finish the walls in my garage but not sure if I would need to get them plastered first or of there is a masonry paint or something I could paint straight on? Anyone any experience of this? View attachment 313156

I would go with a deep pile roller over a sprayer for that. I used both in my garage and the roller definitely filled more holes and used less paint, although that could be down to the tip I used on the sprayer. Sprayer was definitely easier, especially if your doing multiple costs, I'm sure that would take at least 3 coats to cover. I used a Johnsons brilliant white from the Range, I think it was £15 for 5 litres and it was dead on for a garage, but it's thinner than from Johnsons directly.