Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
D940A653-A8AC-4296-8A96-AE870560F21A.jpeg

2 more drawers to do with foam now...... :grinning:

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Regarding electrical cabling is there a good guide anywhere for what gauge of thickness I'll need for what I'm putting in the garage?

MarkM

RMS Regular

Regarding electrical cabling is there a good guide anywhere for what gauge of thickness I'll need for what I'm putting in the garage?

I’ve 6mm going to the garage and put in 2.5mm twin and earth to six double sockets and two singles in a ring, then 1.5mm to the led batons, also ran a bit of 10mm earth cable onto the galv frame from the consumer unit

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
I’ve 6mm going to the garage and put in 2.5mm twin and earth to six double sockets and two singles in a ring, then 1.5mm to the led batons, also ran a bit of 10mm earth cable onto the galv frame from the consumer unit

6mm from house to garage? I had a chap out saying I'd need 40mm 😳 thought he might have been talking out his hole. I'm tired of dealing with knobbers!

MarkM

RMS Regular
6mm from house to garage? I had a chap out saying I'd need 40mm 😳 thought he might have been talking out his hole. I'm tired of dealing with knobbers!

40mm square!!!!!! You’d not lift a coil of it lol
I was also tired of promises and poor advice, so did it myself. That earth bond is 10mm cable, you can imagine how big 40mm would be!!
EBEED231-35C7-4034-A1EA-758D64B199F2.jpeg

2E5236E3-6AA2-4EED-A70D-088D8C5D46C6.jpeg

Last edited:

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
6mm is a good size for a domestic set up.

Must be 4.0mm he meant, 40mm would be an odd size and wouldnt be used much even in industrial. Feed from supplier into a house will be 16/ 25mm.
Most small domestic garages would be 2.5 and 4/6mm an upgrade, I ran a 50mtr 10mm, not needed but may as well over spec things like this for the (minimal imo) extra cost.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
6mm is a good size for a domestic set up.

Must be 4.0mm he meant, 40mm would be an odd size and wouldnt be used much even in industrial. Feed from supplier into a house will be 16/ 25mm.
Most small domestic garages would be 2.5 and 4/6mm an upgrade, I ran a 50mtr 10mm, not needed but may as well over spec things like this for the (minimal imo) extra cost.

You're probably right. To be fair he was chewing le face off himself too.

raver rolling GIF

Think he was on another planet poor lad.

Cro

RMS Regular
I mentioned @MarkM's name and he said "yeah, he put photos of it up on some car forum, wasn't it?", so he's maybe not too sure who we are. 😂
Ah so you did garages for rippy, dub and crow555... 😂 the downsides of RMS. Mark you could almost get away with, the rest of the time you get strange looks as they start to back away from you

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
What length of a run of cable will you need going from the house to the garage?