RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

MarkM

RMS Regular
What are the specs on that compressor? Thinking one might do me until I get my 250L 28cfm compressor.
Good enough for what I’ll ever need :grinning:
Adjustable up to max. 10 bar Suction capacity: approx. 260L/min 10m compressed air hose included Space-saving and portable thanks to its vertical design, handle and smooth-running wheels Oil-free for environmentally friendly, low-maintenance work without oil residues 2 manometers with bar and PSI measurement Power consumption: 1800W Working pressure: max. 10 bar Tank volume: 50L Max. 10 bar Space-saving vertical design 1800W motor with reduced noise and vibration 50 litre tank with condensation drain valve Effective delivery rate at 7 bar: approx. 96L/min 3m power cable Oil-free: Environmentally friendly and low-maintenance

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Well, sh1t got real. We're onto the next stage!

PXL_20210402_142321822.MP.jpg

Cryptocurrency Its Happening GIF

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Trusses landed today. The guy I got them through only put the order I yesterday abs said they woluld be end of next week with Easter hols.

Got a call at 12:00 to say could I take them 😂

Just need the wall plate bedded on and throw up the rest of the scaffold and were ready for fitting .
3DE5F8C1-0342-4BF2-A44A-FA719EB97416.jpeg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Carport question

I’m just about to put a tiled roof up in this space, won’t have sides or a front door other than the gates

Anyone know if I will need to pay rates on it?

E7CCDC65-9FE3-44D4-87AA-A531CEC3124B.jpeg

Chris0

RMS Regular
Making space for the compressor, fitted it’s own socket too
View attachment 317970
Before I get mine all wired up is there any other options for the wiring and the white piping above.

I am thinking I might board the inside after a while so would prefer the wiring to run ‘through’ or around the frame so it is flat if I board it up? Anyone know if this is possible or too much hassle

MarkM

RMS Regular
I am thinking I might board the inside after a while so would prefer the wiring to run ‘through’ or around the frame so it is flat if I board it up? Anyone know if this is possible or too much hassle

Easily done but you’ll have to drill holes through your framework to keep the wiring in the void so you can sheet over it. I wouldn’t use my conduit in that case, I’d use the flexi stuff

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Shıtty steps from the kitchen door down to the driveway have been mostly removed. Needed to do this as the end pillar would not allow a car into the new garage once erected.

20210403_161027.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
Finally bit the bullet and got one of the German tool boxes. Tools are ok. Be fine for most uses then break out the big guns for the tough bits.
Made a bench for it with some spare worktop and used the leftover piece to make a little shelf. Axle stands are temporary lol.

107CF636-6FEA-4848-9DC3-9ACDEC211796.jpeg

Main bench a horror story. That’s tomorrow’s problem.

E95110E9-9877-4B99-8B55-BE69F87E768C.jpeg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Finally bit the bullet and got one of the German tool boxes. Tools are ok. Be fine for most uses then break out the big guns for the tough bits.
Made a bench for it with some spare worktop and used the leftover piece to make a little shelf. Axle stands are temporary lol.

View attachment 318205
Main bench a horror story. That’s tomorrow’s problem.

View attachment 318207
You can still see some bench surface, it's not that bad!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Meant to be cheaper to use long term, when a resin gets down to 5-10ppm it usually gets binned, I’m using it as a pre filter which means the second vessel doesn’t have a huge amount to do, we’ll see!

How do you know when it reaches 5-10ppm? Is there a tool you can buy to test it?