RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Surely even back up the hill it would be hard to see in any great detail through the clear side panels?

On the roof condensation issues, can they not supply double skinned clear panels that won’t condensate?

Or even insulated roof and clear panels on a full blown factory just on the roof?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Surely even back up the hill it would be hard to see in any great detail through the clear side panels?

On the roof condensation issues, can they not supply double skinned clear panels that won’t condensate?

Or even insulated roof and clear panels on a full blown factory just on the roof?
It's a condensation free roof but they all say in some weather conditions perspex panels will drip. Easy decision to not fit them. Double skinned ones may be an answer but I never asked.

MarkM

RMS Regular
It's a condensation free roof but they all say in some weather conditions perspex panels will drip. Easy decision to not fit them. Double skinned ones may be an answer but I never asked.

Exactly why I didn’t want them either, plus it’s more secure without them imo

Reactions: dub

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Can anyone recommend someone to build a carport please?

My driveway is not a standard shape and size, so it wouldn't be a straight forward build/install.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted in another thread

Screenshot_20210413-215413_Chrome.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Not mine, however I'll be making one in the future 🤣🤣
Honestly be careful, try to completely empty it and leave it out in heat to evaporate everything left and then needs brimmed with water till overflowing and emptied a good few times.

fella not far from me cut into a gas canister that had been open and “empty” for long time, flame blasted out and burnt his face.

Rippy

RMS Regular
Drives
Aerodeck vti
Shed was to come last week of March....
Was to come end of last week....
Start of this week....

Being delivered next Wednesday.

I am not a patient person. Be worth it in the end as I've been able to get all the material for 1st fixing the electric and sorting insulation and sheeting. Buying gym equipment is not cheap either!

Pray for Wednesday 😂

Cro

RMS Regular
Shed was to come last week of March....
Was to come end of last week....
Start of this week....

Being delivered next Wednesday.

I am not a patient person. Be worth it in the end as I've been able to get all the material for 1st fixing the electric and sorting insulation and sheeting. Buying gym equipment is not cheap either!

Pray for Wednesday 😂
🤦🏻‍♂️ Don’t tell me that

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Might be of interest to some.

Mid Ulster Actions: Garage equipment, woodworking machines and tools.

TOL_T57 - Ends 20 April

I used to pick up a few bits in MUA but prices are gone a bit crazy this last year. Too many people at home online now.
And some auctions are + vat, all are + 15-20% commission.

neil-c

RMS Regular
O yeah........... 😎........... Its like having a really big new toy 😂

Doors still to fit but otherwise its up! I got the guys to put perspex on the front of the gables as while I'd like panels on the roof I don't want condensation so didn't risk it. Don't want someone looking in so I'll have to tint the perspex or hang something in front of it 🤔

I think you definitely make the right call lowering the levels again by another meter. I'm sure it was a painful enough bill when you realised it needed done but the shed really looks to sit down into the site. Looking at the hedge to the left hand side it would have been very high in the original position. I'm sure you're over the moon! Congrats!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I think you definitely make the right call lowering the levels again by another meter. I'm sure it was a painful enough bill when you realised it needed done but the shed really looks to sit down into the site. Looking at the hedge to the left hand side it would have been very high in the original position. I'm sure you're over the moon! Congrats!
I haven't got the bill yet, it won’t be nice 😱

I keep thinking that the floor would have been 1m higher when I stand in the shed and it just seems ridiculous. The height is right now.

I'm waiting on a small wall for the entrance to come into stock, it's 2 weeks away. Then I can get it all finished in another few weeks all being well.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
I haven't got the bill yet, it won’t be nice 😱

I keep thinking that the floor would have been 1m higher when I stand in the shed and it just seems ridiculous. The height is right now.

I'm waiting on a small wall for the entrance to come into stock, it's 2 weeks away. Then I can get it all finished in another few weeks all being well.

Mine was the opposite, the plans for mine from surveyor and architect had it "down in a hole" and the builder wouldn't do it, he said it would be too steep an incline and too much rain water rushing in the direction of the garage. I think it's 1200mm higher than the plans.

Big money either way

Last edited:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Best way to tackle slightly lifting paint before a re-coat on the garage floor?
apart from wire brush and hoover. Any tips or any etch type products etc? I’ve decreased it and used a deck scrub brush but need any poor paint off

B49654DC-6969-461D-8B47-81AC55B4FA5B.jpeg

97CF5CE9-36EE-4CFA-B5E5-658A231CEB31.jpeg

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
apart from wire brush and hoover. Any tips or any etch type products etc? I’ve decreased it and used a deck scrub brush but need any poor paint off

View attachment 319853

View attachment 319854

Wire cup brush on a 9inch grinder.
Or you can get diamond grinding discs for a 9inch grinder as well. It might be a bit to coarse though. And the dust would be immense!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I haven't actually tried this on concrete myself, but I reckon one of those walk-behind wooden floor sanders that you can rent might be worth a try. The abrasive belt on them is pretty coarse and you're really only taking off the paint and flakey stuff anyway. Would give you a nice flat finish. They have a dust bag or port for a vacuum too.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Need to order a new metal garage for the other side of the garden.

Approx 7x5m size.

What’s the general consensus on best sheds?

Anyone know what the lead time is currently?