RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I just reread the above and you'd think I was illiterate the way it's typed................it was on my phone first thing this morning and the edit time has elapsed :rolleyes:

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Mines was from Quality Steel Buildings in Kilcoo. I liked their design as it uses a steel base frame that everything attaches too.
Last I heard the owner said lead time was 4 months.

Here is the 5m wide prices............

View attachment 320172
Got mine from them too, I've had it up since 2015 and it's a great job. It was the base that attracted me to it as well and also the design of the metal work, very strong, allows you to easily hide the wiring and gives a decent height roof as no horizontal beams.

Rippy

RMS Regular
Drives
Aerodeck vti
Need to order a new metal garage for the other side of the garden.

Approx 7x5m size.

What’s the general consensus on best sheds?

Anyone know what the lead time is currently?
Lead time is hard to predict. It may vary from company to company.

Whatever they do say I'd add 4-6 weeks on it 👀

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
@MarkM or anyone else with a Clonoe garage, can anything be hung on the roof beams or is there not enough room? Was thinking of putting up a punch bag.

MarkM

RMS Regular
@MarkM or anyone else with a Clonoe garage, can anything be hung on the roof beams or is there not enough room? Was thinking of putting up a punch bag.

:grinning:
3A0622A9-CB75-4C88-B050-A40639FF9292.jpeg

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Guys, thoughts on insulating below garage first floor?

I had thought about spraying foam to fully fill the 225mm floor joists. It would cost £2,300 though.

Rockwool would be much cheaper, just a pain to fit.

I then have a double layer of 12.5mm fireline plasterboard to fit below the joists, for 60 minutes fire rating.

Also, has anyone insulated the ground slab?

AA66AB1F-3C97-4381-B7B0-BA53F192CC8A.jpeg

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Guys, thoughts on insulating below garage first floor?

I had thought about spraying foam to fully fill the 225mm floor joists. It would cost £2,300 though.

Rockwool would be much cheaper, just a pain to fit.

I then have a double layer of 12.5mm fireline plasterboard to fit below the joists, for 60 minutes fire rating.

Also, has anyone insulated the ground slab?

View attachment 320220
What head room like, not just go with insulated plasterboard?

An insulated slab would be nice. Mine sometimes "sweats". If its been very cold and you get a warm humid day, the moisture can condense on floor. This only happens maybe 5/10 days of the year. 50mm of kingspan would stop it though I suspect.

Are you going to hear garage?

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
@thefool1983 head room is over 2.9 meters.

Yes, going to plumb 2 radiators in.

I think I’ll go for 200mm Rockwool between the joists. I reckon I can buy all the wool for less than £800.

I might then use the money ‘saved’ to buy 50mm insulation for under the concrete slab.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
@thefool1983 head room is over 2.9 meters.

Yes, going to plumb 2 radiators in.

I think I’ll go for 200mm Rockwool between the joists. I reckon I can buy all the wool for less than £800.

I might then use the money ‘saved’ to buy 50mm insulation for under the concrete slab.

I think that’s one thing I’d do if i was doing it again. My concrete floor sweats the odd time too

Cro

RMS Regular
Got mine from them too, I've had it up since 2015 and it's a great job. It was the base that attracted me to it as well and also the design of the metal work, very strong, allows you to easily hide the wiring and gives a decent height roof as no horizontal beams.
I plan to modify one or two of my middle trusses from clonoe for this reason. Would really open the area up if using a lift.

@Daviddunlop83 im getting a 7x5 from clonoe, due to be dropped off in bits mid May which would be 6 weeks. I’ll let you know if it’s on time or behind

MarkM

RMS Regular
I plan to modify one or two of my middle trusses from clonoe for this reason. Would really open the area up if using a lift.

@Daviddunlop83 im getting a 7x5 from clonoe, due to be dropped off in bits mid May which would be 6 weeks. I’ll let you know if it’s on time or behind

You building yours?

MarkM

RMS Regular
Yeah Shane’s booked up for the foreseeable he said. Giant IKEA set... what’s the worst that could happen 😂

Ah you’ll be fine, three of them fired mine up and made it look easy lol
I bought extra eaves fillers for the bottom of the panels too and I’d recommend a bead of silicone on the base of the frame before you bolt it down

Cro

RMS Regular
Ah you’ll be fine, three of them fired mine up and made it look easy lol
I bought extra eaves fillers for the bottom of the panels too and I’d recommend a bead of silicone on the base of the frame before you bolt it down
Oh be under no illusion, your pm’s are getting lit up with all the questions I’ll have lol