RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Bryan

RMS Regular
Yes I rocked up a few weeks ago to collect them (after enquiring by email) but they were by then out of stock. They told me that due to a global shortage of timber they don’t know when they will have them in stock again.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So I got a call out of the blue yesterday from the guy doing the base that he was coming today. He's just left but I'm very happy with the result.

DSC_0801.JPG

DSC_0802.JPG

DSC_0803.JPG

I have messaged the shed builder (Clonoe custom sheds) to let them know and seems they are running behind because of the difficulty in getting materials so it could be 3 or 4 weeks later than expected now.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I’m going be putting one of these up shortly, anyone ever integrated one to an existing garage?

thefool1983

RMS Regular
So I got a call out of the blue yesterday from the guy doing the base that he was coming today. He's just left but I'm very happy with the result.

View attachment 321720

View attachment 321721

View attachment 321722
I have messaged the shed builder (Clonoe custom sheds) to let them know and seems they are running behind because of the difficulty in getting materials so it could be 3 or 4 weeks later than expected now.
Looks the part mate 👍
Very similar to my shed, including the retaining wall.
Thats most if the hard work done now tbh, the shed actually goes up pretty quick

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Joiners landed this morning to get the roof on .

So nearly watertight, just need bricky back again to finish the gable and a blot along the front .
EEE0D4EB-D6F2-4404-98C5-793600E84D91.jpeg

Excuse the mess, this is my dumping ground for left over materials 😂

Have to collect slates in morning so hopefully they get at least one side done .

Nice wee storage space on top which nearly didn’t happen as the truss guy was just going to make up normal trusses .
FE7048BB-2FCC-4B47-A526-BB2A5E169464.jpeg

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
That's a great size there! Do you reckon you could fit 4 or 5 cars in there at a push? Trying to gauge sizes here for myself lol
You could fit 4, be a bit of a faff though.

I actually think I oversized it for 3 cars, I figured I wanted 7m deep a a given as a big car is 5m and then you have a bench and you want space at the back and front so 6m is too tight.

The width............... I wanted 4m per car so I got to 12m. I did consider making it 14m and 4 doors but I don't need it.............yet :joy:.

Really 3.5m per car would be fine so for a 3 car 7m x 11m would be perfect, 4 cars 7m x 14m.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
You could fit 4, be a bit of a faff though.

I actually think I oversized it for 3 cars, I figured I wanted 7m deep a a given as a big car is 5m and then you have a bench and you want space at the back and front so 6m is too tight.

The width............... I wanted 4m per car so I got to 12m. I did consider making it 14m and 4 doors but I don't need it.............yet :joy:.

Really 3.5m per car would be fine so for a 3 car 7m x 11m would be perfect, 4 cars 7m x 14m.

Perfect cheers for that info Mike. I'll have to get a look at it sometime and then maybe get a chat to them. Actually noticed it the other day up on the hill when I was driving past!

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
First car in........ Wasn't easy but I'm sick of clearing bird **** of it as it sits in the drive. Botch job ramps, tighten bum and hope to hear no crunching noises 😱

View attachment 321807View attachment 321808

Who supplier the garage? I can’t see properly but are the roof trusses full length with no A in them? I like that instead of restricted height you normally see with the horizontal piece.

The next garage I want to put up I want the door at the end (opp to yours) but if it doesn’t have the horizontal A it would allow a lot more height for a lift in the future

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Who supplier the garage? I can’t see properly but are the roof trusses full length with no A in them? I like that instead of restricted height you normally see with the horizontal piece.

The next garage I want to put up I want the door at the end (opp to yours) but if it doesn’t have the horizontal A it would allow a lot more height for a lift in the future
Quality steel buildings in Kilcoo. I liked theirs because of the steel base frame.

No A frame in the roof.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Quality steel buildings in Kilcoo. I liked theirs because of the steel base frame.

No A frame in the roof.
This is who we're looking at going with now after getting continually ignored by Clonoe.

What do you think of it now it's up?

Was the water coming in under the doors an issue with the base laid or the doors themselves?

Thanks,
Connor

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
I’ve one from Quality Steel buildings up for 6 years now and it’s a great job. The base frame and no A frame in the roof sold it to me.

My door is fine 99% of the time, it’s just what’s going to happen with any of them if you don’t recess the base to allow the door to drop slightly down below main floor height. I’d highly recommend mine!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
This is who we're looking at going with now after getting continually ignored by Clonoe.

What do you think of it now it's up?

Was the water coming in under the doors an issue with the base laid or the doors themselves?

Thanks,
Connor
It's all good bar the door sealing to the floor. If the rain hits the door and the base is slightly off level, like millimetres, the water will run in and due to the base frame you can't do much about it.

I've my weather stop strip down under the doors and that's worked.

Ive seen sheds from other suppliers having issues with water running in under the sheets but that can't happen in mine as the sheets are fixed to the outside of the frame.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
It's all good bar the door sealing to the floor. If the rain hits the door and the base is slightly off level, like millimetres, the water will run in and due to the base frame you can't do much about it.

I've my weather stop strip down under the doors and that's worked.

Ive seen sheds from other suppliers having issues with water running in under the sheets but that can't happen in mine as the sheets are fixed to the outside of the frame.
Cheers for the feedback.

I'm looking the entrance fairly flush at the fork t so the cladding coming down over the frame might not suit. I'll give Brendan a ring and see what he recommends.

Thanks again

MarkM

RMS Regular
Cheers for the feedback.

I'm looking the entrance fairly flush at the fork t so the cladding coming down over the frame might not suit. I'll give Brendan a ring and see what he recommends.

Thanks again

It has to come down over the frame or base though or weather will get in!
Clonoe one has a skirt at the bottom that sticks out
CC4417E3-5429-4C92-A049-D94C3CBAD727.jpeg

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Absolutely no progress since this and the guy I had lined up is so busy he isn't replying. Can anyone recommend someone decent to get my groundwork done? Belfast/Lisburn area.
Sorry, the guy I'm using is really busy and I need him back too when the small wall I've ordered turns up........ waiting 3 weeks on it now 😡

I'll ask him when I'm talking to him next anyway.

neil-c

RMS Regular
Absolutely no progress since this and the guy I had lined up is so busy he isn't replying. Can anyone recommend someone decent to get my groundwork done? Belfast/Lisburn area.

Dan from Corrib Contracts is very good. His bread and butter work is concrete paths, shed bases etc. He's a Galway lad now living in Belfast- I work with his wife. Check out his Facebook page.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Got the sockets and switches all placed.

Added an electric car charging point to the centre of the doors. Will be earthed down into the concrete slab.

For radiators, I’m thinking one at each end, just enough to take chill out of the air. Located at the two places where chipboard is resting up against the walls.

Plan to leave the back wall free for bench / cupboards / shelves.

40C60E3D-E19F-4B72-B077-33091895F5F3.jpeg

88B3AF10-49AE-4567-A983-D7B0E804144E.jpeg

4007EB54-9C89-488E-AEC1-DEE3F233C036.jpeg

01582BB5-AD3D-402D-9C75-280F53582C9B.jpeg

21872FB7-0B29-4446-B66A-E83FCFA5BFC2.jpeg

Last edited:

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Got the sockets and switches all placed.

Added an electric car charging point to the centre of the doors. Will be earthed down into the concrete slab.

For radiators, I’m thinking one at each end, just enough to take chill out of the air. Located at the two places where chipboard is resting up against the walls. Leaves the back wall free for bench and cupboard.

View attachment 322098

View attachment 322099

View attachment 322100

View attachment 322102

View attachment 322101
Looks unreal
Jealous
Just for rads? Why not like tall slim ones to save space on walls?