RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

thefool1983

RMS Regular
It was a huge family effort today to get the car port finished off. My wife had to learn how to drive the digger to load wheel barrow loads of blinding to put under the car port while our son raked it out. 20 tonnes of the stuff had to be spread out after I spent another 4 hours today finishing off the slates and ridge tiles.

View attachment 333879

View attachment 333877

View attachment 333878

It's so surreal seeing this vision become a reality. There's still a lof of finishing touches to do and hopefully get some concrete down under it at some point when prices aren't so crazy. Next up will be replacing the rear wall with reclaimed stone I kept from knocking down the original buildings that stood there 4 months ago...

View attachment 333880
Looks class @Bryan, some job 👍

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What garage doors are people opting for?

I want insulated doors which is feasible I believe in roller form. However I’ve seen the like of the Hormann sectional doors which offer even better insulation. My only reservations about the sectional doors is the runners and the headroom lost - but maybe just worrying over nothing.

Ours are Hormann sectional.
As stated, the door open blocking the ceiling lights is the main problem, my parents garage is the same, pain in the hole.

Yes this. If you have a double or triple it’s not just as bad as at least there’s light from the side.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
It was a huge family effort today to get the car port finished off. My wife had to learn how to drive the digger to load wheel barrow loads of blinding to put under the car port while our son raked it out. 20 tonnes of the stuff had to be spread out after I spent another 4 hours today finishing off the slates and ridge tiles.

View attachment 333879

View attachment 333877

View attachment 333878

It's so surreal seeing this vision become a reality. There's still a lof of finishing touches to do and hopefully get some concrete down under it at some point when prices aren't so crazy. Next up will be replacing the rear wall with reclaimed stone I kept from knocking down the original buildings that stood there 4 months ago...

View attachment 333880

It's class, it really suits the house/ site

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Almost ready for plastering now 😁

IMG_20210904_174549.jpg
IMG_20210904_174625.jpg
IMG_20210904_174633.jpg

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Anyone sourced OSB lately? Looking some for sheeting off the interior of the garage. Had a quote ready to go and it fell through yesterday :mad:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Great job/space. You've cut that grass a bit too short there though..

That's where the pallet of plasterboard sheets was sitting lol just painted around it
Anyone sourced OSB lately? Looking some for sheeting off the interior of the garage. Had a quote ready to go and it fell through yesterday :mad:

You can thank the yanks for that 🙄 apparently they're buying up a lot of the timber and shipping it over there

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar XF
I bought 50m2 of 18mm back in July from Murdocks in Ards. I'll bet the prices have gone through the roof.... (forgive the pun)

Edit: I think it was around the £42 per sheet, I see it's now around £62 .....

• Wow
Reactions: dub

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Going to be a great garage. Will be nice to see it pained and lighted.

I found it hard to get OSB and plywood a few months ago. The OSB board I took was the last they had, I think even the MDF stocks were low.

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
I bought 50m2 of 18mm back in July from Murdocks in Ards. I'll bet the prices have gone through the roof.... (forgive the pun)

Edit: I think it was around the £42 per sheet, I see it's now around £62 .....
Jesus, paid £32 in may and thought I'd been done

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Probably not what is expected for an epic garage in the RMS sense for vehicle/tool storage. Got bored of lockdowns, gym closures etc so converted the garage. No before pictures, but imagine, unpainted grey walls, a rough-as-hell concrete floor and about 3000 resident spiders.

Attachments

• IMG_9478.JPG
    IMG_9478.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_9479.JPG
    IMG_9479.JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_9476.JPG
    IMG_9476.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_9467.JPG
    IMG_9467.JPG
    441.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_9346.JPG
    IMG_9346.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_9477.JPG
    IMG_9477.JPG
    462.6 KB · Views: 243

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Probably not what is expected for an epic garage in the RMS sense for vehicle/tool storage. Got bored of lockdowns, gym closures etc so converted the garage. No before pictures, but imagine, unpainted grey walls, a rough-as-hell concrete floor and about 3000 resident spiders.

Winter Olympics Applause GIF by SB Nation

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden

Wow!!! Looks immense great work

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
cheers. it took about 3 months, but did absolutely everything ourselves except i got a joiner to hang the door. learned lots of new tricks along the way and it's really satisfying. all finished except toying with the idea of adding a sonos sub to the 2 stereo 1s in there to add some 'oomph' to the tunes.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
cheers. it took about 3 months, but did absolutely everything ourselves except i got a joiner to hang the door. learned lots of new tricks along the way and it's really satisfying. all finished except toying with the idea of adding a sonos sub to the 2 stereo 1s in there to add some 'oomph' to the tunes.
What is the floor material?

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
@VEN©M absolutely love the hexagon wall, what’s it done with?

my wife bought 100 x hexagon 5mm plywood tiles and painted them. it was a serious undertaking but she wanted the 3D effect which turned our really well - photo doesn't quite do it justice. It was also just something to keep us occupied when everything was closed..!