RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Andy92

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru
Have a barn out the back of the house that hadn't been used in years, had a small wall running across it that had been used as a stable of some sort going by the amount of dirt and poo on the ground. Anyway, Finally got some motivation to turn it into some form of garage/workshop for myself. Knocked down the wall, cleaned the floor and walls, threw up some LED Lights and gave it a lick of paint. It's not pretty and it's still a working progress but it will do:
IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Have a barn out the back of the house that hadn't been used in years, had a small wall running across it that had been used as a stable of some sort going by the amount of dirt and poo on the ground. Anyway, Finally got some motivation to turn it into some form of garage/workshop for myself. Knocked down the wall, cleaned the floor and walls, threw up some LED Lights and gave it a lick of paint. It's not pretty and it's still a working progress but it will do:
View attachment 138159

View attachment 138160

View attachment 138161

View attachment 138162

Painting block is soul destroying!!! You have my sympathies but well worth the efforts

Andy92

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru
Painting block is soul destroying!!! You have my sympathies but well worth the efforts
l
Yeah it wasn't the most enjoyable experience. Did it to make the place look and feel a bit brighter. Did the job I suppose. Shows up all the faults in the wall more tho.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Lol I did get them eventually about 4 weeks ago. Just waiting for the electrician to stick them up for me, can't wait to have some light in there!
Good

Here's the make and model of them, I'll be looking ones for the new shed so will see will a local supplier of that brand be able to get them.

Eterna WPLED62

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Just tried to order these. They have none in their main warehouse. The girl at the til was t able to tell me if they were going to be getting them back in. Bugger. The equivalent in b&q is £60

Almost identical shelves in Makro at the minute for £21.99. Lift a couple of sets last week for the aul lads new shed.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Let there be light!! Finally got the lights up that @weeloaney recommended. Difference is unbelievable, even during the day. Nice to be able to see what I'm doing now!

Went with two of the big 6ft strip LED lights, and two wee adjustable floodlights under the mezzanines

This was just as it was getting dark around 5pm this evening

IMG_2129.JPG

And then with the lights on

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Looks a good job indeed. Are they 2 doubles?
I might have to re-think what I'm planning for mine as I was going to get 3 6ft doubles to sit on each side of the roof and 2 in the low roof section. Also thinking of converting the existing units to LED's too.. Might be overkill..

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I might have to re-think what I'm planning for mine as I was going to get 3 6ft doubles to sit on each side of the roof and 2 in the low roof section. Also thinking of converting the existing units to LED's too.. Might be overkill..
You can never have too much light :p

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Have you got solar panels on the roof Gav?

We do, they're linked back to the house. Just didn't fancy putting them on the house roof.

Is that the only 2 lights on the roof of the shed @gav525 ?

Happy with them? There's is a unbelievable spread of light from them

Yep only the two on the roof, then two smaller floods in under the mezzanines for extra light when needed. Definitely happy with them, even in the daytime it's brighter in there now!

Yes they're doubles, basically two rows of single LEDs in each light fitting. If you google Eterna WPLED62 that's exactly what they are. Very good spread of light with them as mentioned above, if you're anywhere near Dromara you're welcome to come and have a look anytime.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Appreciate that, might take you up on it. I'm away working this week but I'll be working from home next week so might have a chance then.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular