RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Good job Gav. Surprised you just went with 2 though.

2 is plenty for what I need, plus anymore would have only been lighting the mezzanine instead of the main shed. I may add one or two more floods on the walls in the future though to assist with lower level light when working at the cars, but happy enough at the minute.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I need some of these :worried:
You can get led tubes that fit into existing flourescent fittings pete, either by keeping the existing ballasts or removing them and going direct 240v. Looking at doing that for my existing units.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Was up at a place near Ballymena last week getting a kitchen work top for the bench in the garage. He had quite a few of them but he also had a load of kitchen units. Think there was a kitchen place there at one time and they must have left a load of stuff behind. Bought the work top off the guys who are there renovating the place. Said he wanted rid of the units for a few quid. It's on the same side of the carriageway as the ramble inn heading towards Ballymena.

Ollie

RMS Regular
Before and after. Please excuse my dads ignorance at setting boxes on the car.

IMG_3484.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Any you guys used Big Dug for shelving?

Also re those led lights, no need to be buying online, your local electrical wholesale will stock all those to suit your budget.

Also upgraded all the old tubes in our sign to led, fittings are like for like. Clamped the cable before and after and the results were great.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Also re those led lights, no need to be buying online, your local electrical wholesale will stock all those to suit your budget.

Also upgraded all the old tubes in our sign to led, fittings are like for like. Clamped the cable before and after and the results were great.

I got all my shelving and benches from bigdug. Probably ended up with too much, but that's because I paid a fortune for postage and I had a limit I could spend before they'd charge me more postage so I just kept adding stuff.

Good stuff and easily knocked together!

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta

have used BIGDUG a few times ordering stuff for work, wouldn't beat him. the stuff is great.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden

Ollie

RMS Regular

MarkM

RMS Regular

AC

RMS Regular
Thinking of upgrading my garage storage from cheap plastic shelving to metal... homebase seems to have some new items in that look fairly decent, but wondering if there's better options for the money

Here's two of the products...
4 Shelf Black Metal Shelving Unit | Homebase
£119
View attachment 138586

And...
4 Tier Heavy Duty Steel Storage Rack | Homebase
£155
View attachment 138587

I bought the black one a few weeks back but only got round to building it up at the weekend. Great quality shelving and heavy duty indeed. Also bolted it to the wall just incase anyone was to climb on it. Worth every penny.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
If you can afford to go abit extra weeloaney go for insulated cladding as it will be worth it in the long run.

This (y)

Can't recommend this enough to people to go the extra for insulated non drip cladding. Prevents an awful lot of damp issues in a shed...

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Im annoyed as I really I can't afford it, I got It priced up when the shed was being bought and would have cost an extra few thousand.

We've just gone for non drip. Hope to readdress that in the future.

Still have the walls and floors to pay for as well as other bits to finish it off.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
You could get it spray insulated at a later date. It's a fantastic process, and would certainly be worth getting a quote for as it'll give you an idea of what to save towards.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
You could get it spray insulated at a later date. It's a fantastic process, and would certainly be worth getting a quote for as it'll give you an idea of what to save towards.
Yeah that's the plan, it's about half the price of insulated cladding.

I did get a rough price for it, well was a price per a square metre.