RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

PhilM

RMS Regular
Well guys just got my first garage (small but still exciting!)

so how have you kitted yours out and what storage ideas have you used?

Mine currently looks like this

Then painted the ceiling and end wall,

will paint the rest when i get some more paint.

and ive got a bench that im sorting

worktops for bench

And vice (Record no.5 (5inch jaws)

So what have you done to make your garage practical/useful?

Phil

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Garage

32472_393618429635_1483553_n.jpg

Looks the same, except full of sh#t and not a TT.

PhilM

RMS Regular
OP
PhilM
Thats a great size! ive gotta to try and not be jealous of everything thats posted up here Lol

I wont have space for much!!

Phil

EDIT @Rocko did you use the furniture to the left of shot for garage storage, or simply it was being stored in there temporarily ?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
What do you intend to do in there is the key to how it is laid out.

Is it primarily for a car?

I would put up some narrow shelving by the door for cleaning gear and install a tap at the front so washing the cars in the driveway is simple and fast.

Shelving/cupboards at high level around the walls are a great way to save the cluttered looked.

You will find some of the best ideas in the world on the forum in the following link.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Thats a great size! ive gotta to try and not be jealous of everything thats posted up here Lol

I wont have space for much!!

Phil

EDIT @Rocko did you use the furniture to the left of shot for garage storage, or simply it was being stored in there temporarily ?

Nah I pulled them all out and skipped them. Have to do the same again, might do that this weekend.

PhilM

RMS Regular
OP
PhilM
Great posts everyone!

Nice shelves there @richie_mck

Cheers for the pointers @PeteMoore ive no welding equipment but will def arrange washing/cleaning stuff in a suitable spot.

my issue with looking online at garages was there is so little i could find relating to small garages like mine.

off for a read at that link you posted Pete.

Phil

EDIT yes this is mainly a 1 car garage for a car.

but Flymo/strimmer tumble dryer all getting a spot also.

PhilM

RMS Regular
OP
PhilM
Great threads for sure.

anyone high level shelving solutions?

im thinking that with floor space at a premium i may stick alot of stuff as high as possible.

Phil

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Speak to a kitchen fitters and arrange to be at the next house they dung out and lift what they remove.

Alternatively get down to IKEA. The bargain corner normally has cupboard doors and stuff sitting in bulk. Make the frames from wood or steel and hang them then attach the doors.

Makes for an affordable solution.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
No garage yet myself, but think before you post a picture of your own. Make sure your not advertising to theives etc, they do browse these forums.

If you've got anything valuable, don't post it. Paticularly if anyone knows where the garage is.

PhilM

RMS Regular
OP
PhilM
No garage yet myself, but think before you post a picture of your own. Make sure your not advertising to theives etc, they do browse these forums.

If you've got anything valuable, don't post it. Paticularly if anyone knows where the garage is.

sounds sensible, everyone please be sensible and dont get yourself robbed.

Can we change the topic title, i'm afraid @Alan_B will see and want to show us his tool.

title changed, may help with the above aswell, thousands of pounds worth of tools is not something i really will ever have or need to have so really looking ideas for making use of the space in a garage.

Phil

Reactions: wes

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time

Painted white, spot lights fitted in roof. Fully done in office spec carpet tiles. Two radiators fitted and dehumidifier, smoke alarms and house alarm fitted into garage. And very shortly triple glazed.Oh and trickle charger

Last edited:

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB

Painted white, spot lights fitted in roof. Fully done in office spec carpet tiles. Two radiators fitted and dehumidifier, smoke alarms and house alarm fitted into garage. And very shortly triple glazed.
There's worse condition houses than that. May as well just be parking it in the living room.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Big tip dont let your woman or child near it as your once tidt organised garage soon goes to sh#t lol

That explains why my entire house is freakishly tidy and the garage is a total mess then lol

Reactions: wes