RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Looking well @Rippy.

I've got a pickle with my site. I've been told lorries are 2.8m wide, but my driveway is 2.6m at the narrowest point. Head is pickled. Are there narrower lorries out there that'll hold approx 4.6m³?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Looking well @Rippy.

I've got a pickle with my site. I've been told lorries are 2.8m wide, but my driveway is 2.6m at the narrowest point. Head is pickled. Are there narrower lorries out there that'll hold approx 4.6m³?

Can you not pump the concrete from the lorry to the site? I'm not sure if this is something a contractor organiser, or if its a service the concrete supplier could offer.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Can you not pump the concrete from the lorry to the site? I'm not sure if this is something a contractor organiser, or if its a service the concrete supplier could offer.

I'd considered that, seems that the pump is another booking I'd have to make on top of the concrete itself & the powerfloating lads.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Looks like mates with wheel barrows is in your future lol

Got a quote for 2 lads, I'm going to need to muck in myself it seems lol.

Just paranoid about the 1st couple of loads going off whilst we're carting the rest up the drive lol.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Got a quote for 2 lads, I'm going to need to muck in myself it seems lol.

Just paranoid about the 1st couple of loads going off whilst we're carting the rest up the drive lol.

Oh it’s not funny, my last garage I did myself, there is a difference in finish from front to back lolol it was going off from about half way

• Wow
Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Oh it’s not funny, my last garage I did myself, there is a difference in finish from front to back lolol it was going off from about half way

So instead of 3 fellas, I'm going to need...8?!

neil-c

RMS Regular
I wheeled in and laid 8.5m3 this week - took and hour and a half with 2 guys wheeling and 1 guy laying. Wasn't that big a deal, easy done.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Looking well @Rippy.

Couple of the mini lorries not fit? It’s only half a load for a big 8 wheeler anyway

Chris0

RMS Regular
Well things moved quick...

Base was down last week- powerfloated but It’s not 100%

1A0314C0-ACEE-4582-91C8-4FE9647CE5DB.jpeg
66FDA9DC-EFA8-4BAF-8F57-5806ED13084F.jpeg

Then today H2 arrived, they only had the big lorry so it was a bit more hassle as the streets are narrow enough.

6B9F58C9-09F3-430E-B436-51E34D4B9B2C.jpeg

EBDF636F-597C-48BD-A032-F7CA01AF2E99.jpeg
BBDEE776-3B3E-4961-886F-982D0D3A449D.jpeg

It’s like Christmas is an understatement. I’ve never had a garden never mind a garage before I moved into this house. Now to make it my dream garage inside.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf

View attachment 314865View attachment 314863

Then today H2 arrived, they only had the big lorry so it was a bit more hassle as the streets are narrow enough.

View attachment 314866
View attachment 314867View attachment 314868

It’s like Christmas is an understatement. I’ve never had a garden never mind a garage before I moved into this house. Now to make it my dream garage inside.
Thats a lovely finish on the shed!!

neil-c

RMS Regular
PXL_20210304_084101980.jpg
PXL_20210304_084114282.jpg

Got a floor put into the shed this week. It's roughly 32ft by 18ft. Power float finish and I plan to seal it with epoxy once it dries out.

The trusses are actually very rare, they're original Belfast Trusses, and the stone walls are at least 200 years old.

It's currently open on 2 sides so need to build a wall up the left hand side and get a roller door on the gable end but that'll be a year down the line.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3

View attachment 314865View attachment 314863

View attachment 314866
View attachment 314867View attachment 314868

Superb!! Didn't realise the came in 1 piece

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Is there a size limit to these prefab garages at all?

Weighing up my options for either a block built or prefab as need a proper insulated heated garage built

MarkM

RMS Regular
Is there a size limit to these prefab garages at all?

Weighing up my options for either a block built or prefab as need a proper insulated heated garage built

yes, it’s down to the floor area compared to plot area, also a limit on eaves height, where you are though I’d just rattle on, who’s going to complain about it lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
yes, it’s down to the floor area compared to plot area, also a limit on eaves height, where you are though I’d just rattle on, who’s going to complain about it lol

I'm hoping to have no planning issues, wife used to be a planner and FIL was in building control in our local council so size won't be an issue there.

Was more for the likes of the companies constructing them, is there a limit to what they can do or can they do anything within reason? I want storey and a half so maybe they can't do that?

Will get in touch with Clonoe and anyone else who have been mentioned and see what they say.

Also while I'm asking, does anyone have an approx price for sq/m for block built? Been that long since we built the house I'm guessing things have changed, plus I can't really remember now. Can do a lot of the work ourselves like laying concrete slab etc, but more just for buying and building of the block itself

RevT

RMS Regular
They can do pretty much whatever size you want from my understanding, however, they have limits in relation to the size they can deliver at any one time meaning a prefab larger than circa 4.5m wide by 12m long (from memory) will be transported in sections and then put together on site. They can increase the roof height etc. no problem.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
They can do pretty much whatever size you want from my understanding, however, they have limits in relation to the size they can deliver at any one time meaning a prefab larger than circa 4.5m wide by 12m long (from memory) will be transported in sections and then put together on site. They can increase the roof height etc. no problem.

Yeah thinking bigger than that so at least that would be an option, cheers for info