Greenlight Insurance Thread

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Brothers Golf was up for renewal last week and Adrian Flux raised the price a decent bit so thought he’d try Greenlight again as he had been with them in the same car for probably 10yrs.

For some reason they won’t insure/quote it anymore 🤦🏻‍♂🙄

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Who's everyone using at the moment for modified insurance?

Going to look at something over the weekend here so would like to get a rough idea.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I have them all on Greenlight at the moment. But Admiral do modified too no problem. Adrian worth checking.

London Victoria also worth checking.

It will be the usual collection of random numbers and then go with whatever works for you. Everyone is different.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Admiral for me on the Elise nobody else could get even close, extra discount for signing up with them for the daily driver and house insurance once they are ready for renewal.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The quotes are just completely random at the moment. Just renewed two of them and some of the numbers coming in when looking around were just bonkers. The renewal quotes were both good though, about the same as last year.

Just roll the dice. Literally.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Last time I was with admiral they said that they'd insure the forester (all mods declared) but in the event of a claim they wouldn't actually cover any modifications for loss or repair, so kinda pointless. Ended up going with Adrian Flux

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They are nearly all like that, replace with factory parts only (cost equivalent) but at least you have valid insurance. I've yet to see anyone replace modified parts like for like as that would be completely open ended for them. Unless it's a customised agreed value policy of some kind.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
They are nearly all like that, replace with factory parts only (cost equivalent) but at least you have valid insurance. I've yet to see anyone replace modified parts like for like as that would be completely open ended for them. Unless it's a customised agreed value policy of some kind.
Greenlight and flux supposed cover mods like for like in case of an accident, never had a claim to know if they do.

Last time I was with admiral they said that they'd insure the forester (all mods declared) but in the event of a claim they wouldn't actually cover any modifications for loss or repair, so kinda pointless. Ended up going with Adrian Flux
That’s normal for most unless stated otherwise, will insure modified but will only pay out the value of standard parts and owner will have to pay any extra the modified parts will cost.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Phoned there for a price comparison on the E46

They don’t cover any BMWs and not going to change that anytime soon.

Asked for a quote on my van. They don’t cover commercial vehicles either.

Doh!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
They wouldn’t insure the brothers 2005 mk5 golf gttdi that had been previously insured with them for nearly 10yrs before he changed to flux and then tried to go back when his insure increased by 40% this year.

Said not modded enough even tho it used to be 😂

will be interesting to see how they are with my renewal in April.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
They have never covered BMW.
They did up to about 10 years ago! My e39 was with them for a year until they decided to decline renewals on all bmw
They wouldn’t insure the brothers 2005 mk5 golf gttdi that had been previously insured with them for nearly 10yrs before he changed to flux and then tried to go back when his insure increased by 40% this year.

Said not modded enough even tho it used to be 😂

will be interesting to see how they are with my renewal in April.
They aren’t the company they used to be at all… used to phone up and it was a few car enthusiasts in an office that wanted to chat about what cars you had lol