Greenlight Insurance Thread

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I just renewed with them yday as yet again they are the most competitive out there for my circumstances and always helpful when on the phone (y):grinning:

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
I doubt I'd even try them again. They weren't interested in insuring my 350z a couple of years ago as I wasn't experienced enough - Mid 30's, had all the jap scrap, rear wheels drives, turbos, supercharged etc etc - But they made me feel like a spotty 18 year old ringing around begging for insurance :grinning:

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Try Adrian flux lads, got my R8 and Daily insured through them and saved 400 quid on my renewal quote and they were dead on to talk to on the phone (y)(y)(y)

Green-light seem to have took a nosedive downhill in terms of service and competitiveness with their 20k limit

GarethM

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 200 Cup
Adrian Flux is on my radar to try. There is nothing wrong with my current provider and my monthly payments are interest free. I am 32 with 0 accidents and a protected NCD which I am paying £45 a month for on the Clio. Had a thought I might be paying more than I have to.
I had a Mk5 GTI before with the same provider and it was cheaper to insure than the Clio

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Admiral multi car were very good for me and that’s with mods declared on the C63.

Stilll waiting on greenlight getting back to me 5 months later, but as always I’ll not have another experience or that particular car won’t be covered.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Adrian Flux have been great with the Datsun, costs a lot but were about the only company that could actually insure it for the right value with the mods declared. Still with Greenlight for the Civic but might check out a quote with Adrian Flux for that also next renewal.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I have never had an issue with Greenlight and I have been with them for about 5 years. My RS is insured for over £20k and I remember it being an issue when looking to arrange the cover, so they told me they needed to speak to the underwriter, but they got back to me with no issues. I know @Mark King was told ‘no’ though. I had a policy running with my ST and was changing vehicle mid-policy so that could explain how I got round the 20k limit issue many are having. I have also used them for track day cover and all mods have been declared on both cars I had insured with them.

My renewal is due at the start of November so I should have my renewal quote through soon.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Does Tony still work for Greenlight I wonder. He does seem to be awfully quiet.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Anyone got a car over £30k insures with greenlight?

Wife’s RS3 is due. Going to call tomorrow.
Don't insure over 20k they told me when asking about GTR.
As Adam says, they told me they wont insure anything over £20k (refused to insure my Golf R when I bought it new). They also refused to insure my F31.....because BMW.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Anyone got a car over £30k insures with greenlight?

Wife’s RS3 is due. Going to call tomorrow.

Yeah I did have one insured with them, but then also when I rang to insure a second car they gave me the ‘won’t insure anything over £20k’ line too, took a bit of talking with them to explain I already had one about that value.

It’s always worth dropping Tony an email if you’re stuck - he’s still a top bloke and has time for customers.

I’ve since moved both cars away but still with same underwriter.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Do they gave a discount for site members? I've been with them for well over 10years