Greenlight Insurance Thread

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Heard Brentacre are good for modified / performance stuff although I've had no issues with Greenlight in the past and currently use them to insure her 72 Beetle (y)

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Heard Brentacre are good for modified / performance stuff although I've had no issues with Greenlight in the past and currently use them to insure her 72 Beetle (y)
Didn't know they did classic stuff too, do they give agreed value on it ok? Give RH 01277 206911 a try for that next time you're insuring it, I have used them for classic stuff for ages, really reasonable.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Quotes in Greenlight with 6k miles protected NCB is almost £100 cheaper than Flux for 3k miles, but Flux will give agreed value (in theory).
Was told by Greenlight that they'll only do this for heavily modified cars.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Greenlight took have taken a hissy fit cause I went with Flux last year over them. Went to get a quote today and got the same fella I talked to last year and wouldn’t give me a quote as it’s a waste of their time.

Anyway, renewed with flux, got it a bit cheaper and paid in full to save the direct debit charge.

won’t be wasting my time trying Greenlight ever again.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I used them for years when I had the Puma and was always a positive experience, called them for a quote on the S3 and whoever I got needs to brush up on his customer service skills, was maybe the same guy you got @weeloaney as he was verging on being rude for no reason, deffo not Tony who would of always chatted away.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I used them for years when I had the Puma and was always a positive experience, called them for a quote on the S3 and whoever I got needs to brush up on his customer service skills, was maybe the same guy you got @weeloaney as he was verging on being rude for no reason, deffo not Tony who would of always chatted away.
Before I bought the mps I rang them to price insurance for a mk5 golf to see if I could afford to insure something like that. Had all the details but when asked how long I owned it and I said I’m looking at buying one I got moaned at about not being a comparison website and to call back when I buy the car. asshole.

Makes a contrast to 6/7years ago when I insured the Mk3 golf with them, the guy couldn’t been friendlier and chatted a bit about cars he’s owned etc.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
He’s obviously still there then? How I don’t know. It Sounds like the boy who made my mind up to go elsewhere years ago after being with greenlight for many years previously. His attitude stinks, it’s totally unnecessary and I told him those exact words before ending the phone call.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
He’s obviously still there then? How I don’t know. It Sounds like the boy who made my mind up to go elsewhere years ago after being with greenlight for many years previously. His attitude stinks, it’s totally unnecessary and I told him those exact words before ending the phone call.
Brother was with them for well over 5 years up until 2 years ago. Phoned to get the renewal down a bit and fella told him we don’t really bother in Northern Ireland drivers anymore and to try elsewhere.

wonder is it the same fella the whole time, if so he’s a useless wee ****er.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Has to be him as there’s so many mentions of it and that’s just on RMS

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Would he not be on some kind of commission structure? Surely it would be in his interest to not turn away every single person that he speaks to? And the company, they're bound to notice massive drop in renewals, etc. I dont understand how it's been going on like that for what appears to be a few years now.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
They actually rang me about my renewal etc. I've always found them helpful, maybe I just didn't get that guy!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Sounds like that guy darren?

Tony was a star but darren gave an impression of can’t be bothered every time

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Im with them for the Audi and have been 100% never an issue with adding mods or renewals etc. Even had them suggesting mods as a guy i had been dealing with had a leon with the same engine etc etc over one phone call. Though when i bought the Type R they couldnt offer a competitive quote till the monday (due to it being a weekend or something to do with their systems at weekends), though i needed insurance for the next day, as it was either insure the Type R or re tax the old daily, for the sake of a day, So went else where for that year, phoned greenlight for a quote a few days before renewal

Guy puts it threw the details into the system, and ask "will you be paying for the insurane now over the phone? or at a later date when you decide to go ahead,"

to i replied id have to phone back due to my debt card account being a different account than my "pay in" account, id need to transfer money into it once i know how much it is etc etc. so i know ive enough in the account to cover the costs etc, as i only use that account for purcahses such as insurance or hotel bookings etc, as my "pay in" account doesnt offer a debt card.

"ok thats fine, the details are store into the system for when you want a quote, as we can only offer a quote over the phone which is valid for that phone call only, we couldnt offer the same price when you phone back...thanks bye *hangs up* didnt even get a chance to reply or anything, He did know i had a policy with them and i was a long standing customer, so less chance of a "timewaster caller".

I do understand insurance quotes go up and down but never had an issue with "securing" a quote etc. if he had told me a reasonable price, id have said ok thats fine, ill ring back in 30mins or so and pay, surely the price couldnt have changed that much, i understand if i planned to ring back a week/month later to get the same price obviously it could be different.

So annoyed that other than transfering more than i expect to pay greenlight, to make sure enough was in my card account, then transfer any excess back to my daily account, i went online to the comparison sites, and took up the cheapest quote (with a "decent" insurer ) which was half the price of the renewal by my current insurer. who doubled the renewal from last years price, Happy enough with what i paid thinking surely greenlight couldnt have been much cheaper, Fast forward a week or so, and recieved a text from greenlight something like "Your Quotation for Honda Civic Type R......Of £300 odd quid ends **/**/**** date, call now...." So they wouldnt tell me the price at the time or confirm it and call back in half an hour to pay, but text a week later to remind me, and tell me the price? Even worse the quote was less than i paid too! so they would have got my busiess if they told me the price at the time!:mad:

Phoned up about the Renewal last month on the Audi again 100% no hassles making a few changes, mods etc pleasure to deal with, it was like two different companies.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Really came through for me today with a complicated quote. Great price, all in, agreed value, free mods, etc. Super professional and knowledgeable guy. They even went online on Google streetview to check security, etc., to bring the quote down.

Have had the Hondus with them for ages too, Honda engine and all. Been great. Had the S3 there as well.

Have the Volvos elsewhere though. The P* was a bit too new for them, just out of their range. The 850 I suspect was just something they don't normally do. For both I just went with the best quotes off a comparison site.

I think it depends a lot on the type of car, and obviously other circumstances.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I couldn't get agreed value with them was my only gripe, but they said would look at what similar cars sold for........................I'll be directing straight to @cormac81 's lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The agreed value has to be "reasonable" obviously. Which is tricky right now with hyper inflation across the board. Just because something has "spiked" recently doesn't mean that's sustainable.

Agreed value was an issue with the 850. But no issue at all with this car. Just depends on the car I think, and how well they know the market for different cars or how they judge things.

Also ultimately down to the underwriters.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Who knows, it's insurance, it's all random :innocent:

Just depends what they can work with their underwriters at the end of the day.

One thing I really like with Greenlight is they tell you straight up, good or bad. No messing about or wasting time. Seems harsh at the time if it goes against you, lol, but I respect that.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Really came through for me today with a complicated quote. Great price, all in, agreed value, free mods, etc. Super professional and knowledgeable guy. They even went online on Google streetview to check security, etc., to bring the quote down.

Have had the Hondus with them for ages too, Honda engine and all. Been great. Had the S3 there as well.

Have the Volvos elsewhere though. The P* was a bit too new for them, just out of their range. The 850 I suspect was just something they don't normally do. For both I just went with the best quotes off a comparison site.

I think it depends a lot on the type of car, and obviously other circumstances.
Clearly didn’t get the same fella a lump of us on here has got. I feel like ringing up next year in the hope I get him again just to waste his time 😂

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
Even after all of the annoying crap I went through last year, when I renewed I got another fella on the line and he was great to talk to and gave me the facts on a potential stage 1 remap cost in the next year. When I rang up a month later to add it on, it was all as expected and smooth and again didn't get the arsey guy, so I'm happy!

Dorno

RMS Regular
Drives
a few!
Was with Greenlight for years for my Daily's, 4 modified diesels until I had a non fault accident. Went to renew the following year and got some ignorant fella with no customer service skills at all who gave me a list of bull**** reasons as to why they wouldn't insure me. "We don't insure diesels anymore" among others. Wouldn't even give me a price. Also priced a VXR Astra with them and wouldn't quote me for it. I had a clean sheet aside for the under dispute accident. Whoever I had on the phone sounded like there were being forced to work there against their will. Disappointed considering they'd had my business for 5+ years at that point.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yep that will be the same ignorant t**t mentioned several times above. He must have lost them a fortune in business with his bad attitude.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Just seen this thread resurface, I’m no longer with Greenlight either, after 7 or so years of continuous business I was less than impressed with the last few interactions with the company, when a change of circumstances due to mileage and usage on one of my vehicles made it awkward for them to continue to insure me I was happy enough to part ways with them on all my insurance policies and go elsewhere. Shame as they used to be a great company and a friendly team.