RMS Nürburgring 2016 Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
We left this morning for Germany. It rained the whole way from Cairnryan to Carlisle and most of the A1 was 50mph due to roadworks. Driving on the mainland is grim.

Just on the ferry now to Rotterdam and I can guess that this will be the only time I'll be in front of a GTR all weekend.
image.jpeg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
There's nine of us going in four or five cars.

I'm taking my S3. There's also a mk2 Golf, Audi S4 Avant, S4 saloon, BMW 330 and possibly a GTR.

Leaving on 8th September for the Hull ferry. Arriving on 9th September and we've booked a house in Adenau until 11th September.

Where are you guys staying?
S4 avant Des by any chance?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
If anyone has a Ring card with any laps left over that they wish to sell give me a shout! Just over two weeks before I go!

Marc

RMS Moderator
Just packing my bag for my flight out in the morning, can't wait! Weather looks to be amazing this weekend, hoping that the crowds don't mean a lot of closure time

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Now you know better than to dismiss anything there, especially if it looks like it doesn't belong as that normally indicates it's got 500 hp slicks and owned by some weirdo who lives there :p

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Now you know better than to dismiss anything there, especially if it looks like it doesn't belong as that normally indicates it's got 500 hp slicks and owned by some weirdo who lives there :p

K series metro with individualised suspension. It would be great fun I bet!

There was a berlingo van there last time which could boogey!!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
image.jpeg

Haha yep. That was me. Good to meet you earlier @Marc :grinning:

How are you guys finding it?

I've no mobile reception at all here other than at the track.

We arrived in Adenau yesterday afternoon and got a run out last night before the track closed for the night. Back here again for 8am this morning. Unfortunately the track didn't open as someone had used emulsion paint to graffiti part of the track.

When it did open we headed out in the M3 Ring Taxi and I had another run out in the S3 before the track was closed again. The ECU had a bit of a wobble in the Karussell and I had to pull off the track for a moment before it sorted itself out and I was away again.

Hands down one of the most thrilling things I've ever done.

Booked in to the Pistenklause tonight for 8pm.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah the swifts are great fun. They're perfectly set up for it and I bet could put in a really good lap with a bit of experience!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Them Swifts look class @Cooper! What tyres do they run?

Be interesting to know what lap time the likes of Sabine or any other experienced ring driver can get out of them swifts!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Them Swifts look class @Cooper! What tyres do they run?

Be interesting to know what lap time the likes of Sabine or any other experienced ring driver can get out of them swifts!

I did a 9.22, but the Rent4Ring staff can get into the early 8s with them, which is incredible. @Marc noticed the tyres, some variety of Yokos. Ohlins suspension and endless brakes. The setup is fantastic.

Marc

RMS Moderator
View attachment 124801

Haha yep. That was me. Good to meet you earlier @Marc :grinning:

How are you guys finding it?

I've no mobile reception at all here other than at the track.

We arrived in Adenau yesterday afternoon and got a run out last night before the track closed for the night. Back here again for 8am this morning. Unfortunately the track didn't open as someone had used emulsion paint to graffiti part of the track.

When it did open we headed out in the M3 Ring Taxi and I had another run out in the S3 before the track was closed again. The ECU had a bit of a wobble in the Karussell and I had to pull off the track for a moment before it sorted itself out and I was away again.

Hands down one of the most thrilling things I've ever done.

Booked in to the Pistenklause tonight for 8pm.

Hey @Mont

I didnt realise you had replied, I had some flakey reception also, I got to the track nice and early Sat morning, 4 laps in before 10am as the track wasnt so busy at that time. Some amount of closures during the day.

Nigel took me a run in the GT3 and im sure its just as quick as the Ring taxi, so know the feeling! :grinning:

Was a great weekend, deffo an annual trip for me, if i cant get across more often. Did you get yourself Steak on a stone? we had booked the pistenklause for Friday night, so didnt wanna go back 2nd night in a row.

Will try organise a big group next year if your up for it.

Marc

Marc

RMS Moderator
I did a 9.22, but the Rent4Ring staff can get into the early 8s with them, which is incredible. @Marc noticed the tyres, some variety of Yokos. Ohlins suspension and endless brakes. The setup is fantastic.

AD08R's and as cooper said, they are setup so well for the Ring, we were seeing 130ish into the Foxhole, the suspension is perfect for the ring, and the brakes are something else!

I had a Clio for a few laps also and it may have been quicker but way less fun and not as stable as the Swifts.

ring photo4.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.