RMS Nürburgring 2016 Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I'd quite like to take the Mazda. I'll put a few track days under its belt next year and see how it behaves!

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
The Mazda would be the job! I'd love to get something with extra torque for the hill.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Hey @Mont

I didnt realise you had replied, I had some flakey reception also, I got to the track nice and early Sat morning, 4 laps in before 10am as the track wasnt so busy at that time. Some amount of closures during the day.

Nigel took me a run in the GT3 and im sure its just as quick as the Ring taxi, so know the feeling! :grinning:

Was a great weekend, deffo an annual trip for me, if i cant get across more often. Did you get yourself Steak on a stone? we had booked the pistenklause for Friday night, so didnt wanna go back 2nd night in a row.

Will try organise a big group next year if your up for it.

Marc

Yeah we got steak on a stone on the Saturday night. It was a neat little place. Not what I expected but still really good all the same.

I got back on Monday night. Totally knackered but still buzzing. The whole thing was so much better than I'd expected it to be and I'd def be interested in going back again next year if I can.

These were my favourite pics from the weekend.

Oh and I noticed that Metro as well lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Big oil spill! I wonder if the guy that dropped the oil is responsible for the carnage or is it a case of everyone sucking it up? Anyone know?

Marc

RMS Moderator
Big oil spill! I wonder if the guy that dropped the oil is responsible for the carnage or is it a case of everyone sucking it up? Anyone know?
I think the guy who spilled the oil is on for it from what I know.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Anyone got any laps they are willing to sell? I go on Friday and would be willing to take them off someone's hands :grinning:.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
IMG_3641.JPG

Nice view this morning!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
How did you get on @Eddie_ ?

Any more pics? :grinning:

Had a great time, enjoyed Spa much much more than the Ring. So much busier this time compared to last time I was there, too many closures etc but still managed 3 laps on the Sunday before leaving for Spa. Plenty of exotic machinery there, and myself lol...

49650214988__15561741-47CB-48D6-948E-861E2787128A.JPG

IMG_3647.JPG
IMG_3738.JPG
IMG_3727.jpg

There was also an orange 675LT there but no pics of it sadly :worried:. Driven by a Yank who now lives close to the Ring, brings his 3 year old son there to TF days for a bit of 'fun' lol.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
How much was spa @Eddie_ and was it part of a track day rather than arrive and drive? I agree that the ring is very busy.

It was part of a Renaultsport arranged day, it worked out around £240 for the day including a passenger. That was 6 x 20 minute sessions. I had looked at going back this weekend for an open pit lane and it was £350 for the day.

Spa was epic though. Such a well run day and brilliant track.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
It was part of a Renaultsport arranged day, it worked out around £240 for the day including a passenger. That was 6 x 20 minute sessions. I had looked at going back this weekend for an open pit lane and it was £350 for the day.

Spa was epic though. Such a well run day and brilliant track.
Sounds decent value @nigelmcg next time?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Bump... didn't see a thread for 2017.

I'm potentially heading back to Spa in October and taking the Clio this time but I've noticed that there is a TF day on Sunday 1st October and a TF evening on Monday 2nd. Anyone be out there on those dates? Or is anyone doing the Circuit Days track day at Spa on Tuesday 3rd October?

IMG_3758.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.