RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What time we aiming to be there for? I'd meet up for a fry beforehand somewhere handy. Shame that TK on the A1 is now a subway or I'd suggest there again!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
What time we aiming to be there for? I'd meet up for a fry beforehand somewhere handy. Shame that TK on the A1 is now a subway or I'd suggest there again!
Usually it's 10am we aim to be there, rare than more than 1or2 are there at that time tho :p

For there Facebook event says 9.30 to 12.30 but they usually allows us to be there for longer.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I'll ring Flagstaff in the morning and check with them. Around 10.30am would be plenty of time. There's a decent stretch in the evenings now which is good.

@Tinners I believe you know David Fee? He's going with me and will be heading from my house just outside Ballynahinch. You could slip up the road with us if you want. I'll have the Vitara on a trailer on the back of the thristiest bastid of a pickup ever, so it'll be a steady cruise up the road. Will definitely be stopping for breakfast on the way (y)

Will also have plenty of slings, 12v compressor, water drums and the basic tool kit with me should anyone need anything. Will bring a few radios too as phone signals can be dire up there and change over to southern networks at times, if at all.

I'd recommend folks bring a few refreshments with them for the day. There's vending machines on site, and toilet facilities should the need arise.

Doubt it needs to be said, but I'll say it anyway; wear something you don't mind getting dirty, and leave the pointy toed Italian leather loafers at home...

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
I'll ring Flagstaff in the morning and check with them. Around 10.30am would be plenty of time. There's a decent stretch in the evenings now which is good.

@Tinners I believe you know David Fee? He's going with me and will be heading from my house just outside Ballynahinch. You could slip up the road with us if you want. I'll have the Vitara on a trailer on the back of the thristiest bastid of a pickup ever, so it'll be a steady cruise up the road. Will definitely be stopping for breakfast on the way (y)

Will also have plenty of slings, 12v compressor, water drums and the basic tool kit with me should anyone need anything. Will bring a few radios too as phone signals can be dire up there and change over to southern networks at times, if at all.

I'd recommend folks bring a few refreshments with them for the day. There's vending machines on site, and toilet facilities should the need arise.

Doubt it needs to be said, but I'll say it anyway; wear something you don't mind getting dirty, and leave the pointy toed Italian leather loafers at home...

I do indeed know mr fee and his "totally not a hilux surf with the wrong badges"

Sounds good. Gimmie a time and I can meet you guys.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Im on track for this at present, Let me know where and when you are planning the breakfast and i'll try to meet youse there (y)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Im on track for this at present, Let me know where and when you are planning the breakfast and i'll try to meet youse there (y)

Fiveways in Newry would be as good a spot as any. It's the big petrol station opposite B&Q with plenty of parking and a diner and hot food counter. It's handy for too as well, and not really off the beating track...?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Just spoke to the guy at Flagstaff, or Northeast Adventures to give it the correct name now.

All is confirmed for Sunday morning. I said we would be arriving between 10am and 10.30am, so if we said 9.30am at Fiveways or even a bit earlier? Does that suit you guys? The site is only about 10 mins from Fiveways at the most.

Fiveways Shop and Service Station
101 Armagh Rd, Newry BT35 6PW
028 3026 5530
Google Maps

NorthEast Adventures
62 Upper Fathom Rd Killeavy, Upper Fathom Road, Newry BT35 8NY
+353 85 148 3399
Google Maps

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Sounds good to me, best get my finger out and get this shogun back together (y)

You should be passing mine at around 9ish then @Nicky? I'll wait in the drive :grinning:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Sounds good to me, best get my finger out and get this shogun back together (y)

You should be passing mine at around 9ish then @Nicky? I'll wait in the drive :grinning:

Yeah, I'll go that way and meet you and we can tie in with @Alan_B around Hillsborough if he wants.

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
@Tinners are you heading from Ards/ Bangor direction? If you know where @Nicky is I'll tag along with you. I'm in Bangor myself. I don't want to miss out on the chance of a fry up :p

There's a chance a mate will be joining me in his Navara though he has only had it a couple of months and never off roaded so will most likely shotgun with me till he sees whats involved

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@Tinners are you heading from Ards/ Bangor direction? If you know where @Nicky is I'll tag along with you. I'm in Bangor myself. I don't want to miss out on the chance of a fry up :p

There's a chance a mate will be joining me in his Navara though he has only had it a couple of months and never off roaded so will most likely shotgun with me till he sees whats involved
Best not bringing the Navara, only end in tears and in 2 pieces :p

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was in the back shed today getting a bit of plywood and saw the Insa Turbo Special tracks stacked in the corner.

Really pissed now I can't go. Still too sore.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Painkillers and take it easy, you'll be fine (y)

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Finally got my locking rear diff repaired today so will be interesting to see if it works or not lol.
Wee pipe had completely rusted away leaving the rubber hose hanging, so I made up a new pipe using copper brake pipe and will just hope it works!

As for the snorkel.......cheap Chinese sh1te!! Not sure what car the template was for, but when I drilled the holes it definitely doesn't appear to be for a Shogun :p

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Finally got my locking rear diff repaired today so will be interesting to see if it works or not lol.
Wee pipe had completely rusted away leaving the rubber hose hanging, so I made up a new pipe using copper brake pipe and will just hope it works!

As for the snorkel.......cheap Chinese sh1te!! Not sure what car the template was for, but when I drilled the holes it definitely doesn't appear to be for a Shogun :p
Lol I'm glad I left after you drilled the big hole.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Painkillers and take it easy, you'll be fine (y)
If it was that simple I would, literally can't change gears, can't reach out that far or lift my arm up as I get really sharp pains.

Also it I move the bit that's broke of the bone then I'll need an operation to fix it.