RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Finally got my locking rear diff repaired today so will be interesting to see if it works or not lol.
Wee pipe had completely rusted away leaving the rubber hose hanging, so I made up a new pipe using copper brake pipe and will just hope it works!

As for the snorkel.......cheap Chinese sh1te!! Not sure what car the template was for, but when I drilled the holes it definitely doesn't appear to be for a Shogun :p
Lol, I fitted a defender one a while back and the defender was that rough and out of shape the snorkel was miles from the pointing point on the window frame haha.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lol, I fitted a defender one a while back and the defender was that rough and out of shape the snorkel was miles from the pointing point on the window frame haha.

The Shogun has been well and truly butchered to get it to fit! Zero ****s were given lol, and I've just lashed stonechip all over the wing to rustproof it when I was done. We'll see if it all goes back together tomorrow or not now :p

Last edited:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
The Shogun has been well and truly butchered to get it to fit! Zero ****s were given loo, and I've just lashed stonechip all over the wing to rustproof it when I was done. We'll see if it all goes back together tomorrow or not now :p
Use plenty of sealer, no point ha ring a snorkel without a waterproof joint lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Use plenty of sealer, no point ha ring a snorkel without a waterproof joint lol

Lol yes plenty will be used! Actually no point having a snorkel anyways as I'll never be in the water that deep unless I drive off a harbour. Couldn't be dealing with stinking carpets!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Lol yes plenty will be used! Actually no point having a snorkel anyways as I'll never be in the water that deep unless I drive off a harbour. Couldn't be dealing with stinking carpets!
You'd be surprised. Really depends on the air intakes position.

I get a little water coming into my airbox every time I'm on one of these outings. The p38's air intake is right behind the left headlight and water seems to get in behind there easy enough

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Just remember how long your vitara lasted the last day and that it was a Land Rover that pulled you out. @seaside-racer

I'll not mention the Shogun I got the lend of that was able to climb anything on its first attempt, giving me the chance to get out and take in the views for a while, while the Land Rovers struggled with little more than a grassy hill :p lol

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Should be grand. I'll be half asleep like.

Also bring those empty sand bags lol.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I'll not mention the Shogun I got the lend of that was able to climb anything on its first attempt, giving me the chance to get out and take in the views for a while, while the Land Rovers struggled with little more than a grassy hill :p lol
I went everywhere it went. Was just the fat tard of a Range Rover needed more speed lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Would meeting at say the fire station on Dromore Street in Ballynahinch around 8.45am suit you and @karl7900?

Would be out the road for @gav525 and then in Hillsborough for around 9am.

Yeah once you get me at mine we can turn right at the ballykeel crossroads just after mine and head to hillsborough. Probably easiest to meet @Alan_B and anyone else on the road between the Dromara Rd and the overpass as there's a big enough lay by to park in and it saves going through hillsborough.

Just here:

IMG_0104.PNG