RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Me either ladies. Burning up all the play time with the MX5 at the minute so haven't had a chance to look over the Jimny

Bryan

RMS Regular
Same here. The Wrangler is gathering dust (or more like cat footprints) at the side of the house and I'll be pretty busy this weekend otherwise.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
I should be fine on the tyre front :p

I might care about mine a little too much tho lol

If only you cared as much about the golf :p

image.jpeg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
What rangey did you buy @Nicky ?

Cant make the 26th February date unfortunately :sob:

An aul P38 2.5 like @weeloaney's only a whole lot cheaper, not that I'd want to run it in or anything :p

She seems dead on, aside from the oil leak, so if it's a simple fix, I'll maybe take it up next month and tow the Vitara on a trailer. Shall see how it unfolds because I'm not putting any money into the engine of it as I already have an M57 sitting there for it (same engine as the TD6 Range Rovers).

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Hopefully not take me long to work through this lol. Main thing I want to do is fix the locking rear diff as have never used it yet! The rest of the jobs can wait if they have to!

IMG_2035.JPG

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm jealous of your wee list... :sob: lol

The wife took the piss lol, but there's that many wee jobs need doing now I lose track! Hopefully a good day or two should wipe most of them out

Edit: I'm guessing your list is bigger than mine lol?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
He has less of a vitara than when he started :p

I poked a hole in the sill and she somehow ended up about 18 inches shorter...

Need to sheet in the back arches, sheet the inside, repair the floor behind the seats, make the rear half of the roll cage, mount the fuel tank, make new fuel lines with an in-line filter, make an exhaust, fit a new cross member to the rear of the chassis now that it's been shortened, replace a rear drive flange, fit the new alternator, mount the battery, rewire the back half of the body, mount the 2 seats lower than what they were, refit the wings and snorkel and maybe even see about throwing in a pair of seat belts or harnesses... Should probably look at making a front diff guard too to save the aluminium diff...

Oh, and I've to buff down a LOT of welds and paint the whole thing.

Aside from that she's good to go :laughing: