RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I'd be up for it depending when, MOT'ing the bighorn atm. Finished polybushing it at the weekend and need to do my spring dislocation cones and weld on wider arches still.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Loads of time, @Mark_C.

I've still to go to either England, the very highlands of Scotland or else the very south of Ireland to lift a jeep yet, depending on how things pan out here.

Why is there no one up the road from me selling an off road prepped 4x4 ffs...?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Does it need to be road legal Nicky? I've still a Land Cruiser lying looking a new owner!! Well I think it's still there, haven't looked near it in about 6 months lol

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yeah @Coog. It would need to be road legal as I'll use it for pulling and hauling too. Doing s bit of site work for my aul lad at the minute, so something with a bit of grunt would be ideal, and definitely diesel.

Doesn't necessarily have to be tested as there's not much I couldn't sort out, but road worthy, diesel and more than 2 seats are the top of the criteria which rules out a few cheap 4.0 Jeeps I have been looking at for humble money.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
The 4.0's are great value and very tough but they're thirsty as hell. Sounds like you'll be road tripping it then!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yeah. I expect it to be no different than any other trip for my own stuff; late afternoon/early evening flight, go to collect the vehicle and then cruise up or down the motorway in the wee hours for a 4.30 or 6.30am sailing home, if I'm heading across the water. Cheapest and most stress free option IMO, and not even a day off work...

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@weeloaney there is a Landrover day in pomeroy this Sunday too. Check out the ni Landrover club.
Ah, bit soon back left wheel bearing is nearly hanging out of it.

Got 2 rear bearings ordered that I plan to fit this week/weekend.

Must look it up tho, I've a mate (painted the nova for him) that lives on cappagh mountain uo behind pomeroy.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just thought I'd update, after a bit of awkwardness with ownership change etc it was only confirmed today that we are good to go this Sunday 28th February

10/10.30am start for about a 3hr pay and play session, tho can leave early if you want

If you want to go say soon, and you can be added to the list and group convo.

You interested @Mark_C

Hope this is ok @Coog

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I'm still at the pre mot stage, fitted these today

Attachments

• IMG_20160222_151250.jpg
    IMG_20160222_151250.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 252

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks like a lot of fun does off roading, only had a go once and that was part of my stag do at Todds leap. Really enjoyed it!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Looks like a lot of fun does off roading, only had a go once and that was part of my stag do at Todds leap. Really enjoyed it!
It's kinda like the offroading driving you do at todds, but a heck of a lot better. No instructor in with you slowing you down :p

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It's kinda like the offroading driving you do at todds, but a heck of a lot better. No instructor in with you slowing you down :p

What I couldn't get my head around was not hitting the brakes on a steep decline, strangest feeling ever.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
What I couldn't get my head around was not hitting the brakes on a steep decline, strangest feeling ever.

You get used to that very quickly with a 1.3 jimny. There's virtually no engine braking at all (or torque lol) so the brakes are being pumped flat out.