Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
View attachment 224111
I believe I was stuck here lol

Yep, guttered up and going nowhere.

6CBA88AF-EE62-47A1-ABA9-73260BA487D1.jpeg

I think that’s 1 of the couple of days where I drove the Vitara back on to the trailer at the end of the day and went home without needing massive repairs, so I’ll not mock too much... lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What sort of money should I be paying for a 90 that isn’t totally rotten. I’d like one to have for a wee while as it’s something I’ve always wanted. I don’t mind having to do some cosmetic or mechanical work as long as it is structurally sound?

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
What sort of money should I be paying for a 90 that isn’t totally rotten. I’d like one to have for a wee while as it’s something I’ve always wanted. I don’t mind having to do some cosmetic or mechanical work as long as it is structurally sound?
Nick
Join a few local fb groups to see what is out there.
Mine cost a small fortune.
Ex army ones can be good value but try and get a tdi 200 or 300 with power steering.
Have a look at mod sales.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Nick
Join a few local fb groups to see what is out there.
Mine cost a small fortune.
Ex army ones can be good value but try and get a tdi 200 or 300 with power steering.
Have a look at mod sales.
The 200 and 300 better than the TD5?

Any particular groups you recommend?

Dave..

RMS Regular

Depends who you ask. When I was researching mine I was told to buy a 200. My engine was great it was the body and chassis that gave problems.
Have a look at the NI LANDROVER group. Sound guys.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Td5’s sound well for diesels, and tune decently, injector seals seem a problem with the forestry service ones at work but other than that seem grand. Rest is just normal lamdrover crap.

Just stay away from britpart (sh!tpart or British!t) parts for everything lol

Dave..

RMS Regular
Td5’s sound well for diesels, and tune decently, injector seals seem a problem with the forestry service ones at work but other than that seem grand. Rest is just normal lamdrover crap.

Just stay away from britpart (sh!tpart or British!t) parts for everything lol
I had forgotten about britpart :grinning::grinning:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Punch hunts are great craic. Given a map (or sometimes not) and a sheet is cable tied to your wingmirror to 'punch'. The punches are then hidden round the site in awkward to reach positions. Will be a brilliant days craic that, definitely my favourite type of event.

Hope it goes well. I'll update the thread title.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
So glad this has been bumped. I’m trying to find something that both myself and my dad could get into for reasonable money. He needs a hobby and would be a great way to spend time together. They have a rav4 family car and he has talked about wanting to off road it but there’s no way he could ever do that lol so when I made the suggestion of buying something it peaked his interest.

How easy/hard is it go get started?

What 4x4 would be a good starting point along with kit?